Author Topic: PC micro connects then no audio, HRD connects and crashes, Ports disappear  (Read 5357 times)

AG6AZ

• View Profile
    • Email
I have made progress but still cannot get the PC micro to work completely. 

I have set it up with the TS480 through COM Port 2 RRC Radio and it now connects fine and HRD launches. My COM0 is set at 57600 baud and I have thought to lower that to 4800 baud because I cannot get a solid green connection either through a direct connection to a router or wireless into my house's separate family router.  I have two separate modems and routers with one dedicated to the shack and remoterig.

HRD worksfor about five minutes before HRD crashes and then my COM ports on the laptop just disappeared. Not sure what to do next.  I think i am getting closer.  Any thoughts on what happened to my COM ports and what settings would work to get this running would be awesome.

Thanks,

Keith
AK6ZZ

AG6AZ

• View Profile
    • Email
After significant effort I got the system to work somewhat.

The Good:

1) PC micro connects to RRC radio.
2) HRD launches and I can control the radio ie switch bands, change settings etc
3) I was able to transmit with the microkeyer and through splash top I was totally able to control the amp SPE 1K and change antennas. Works great. Looks like on the transmit side signal is going through with no issue.

The Bad

1) receive audio is completely a mess. It is choppy and not intelligible.
2) the control head of the TS480 works perfectly with the same routers. So this confuses me. Audio is perfect with control head.

So at this point I am perplexed how we could have enough throughput for the RRC Control and TS480 head but insufficient throughput or significant latency with the PC micro.
I was thinking this might be an audio set up issue for this PC micro and RRC radio.

Any thoughts would be welcome. Stuck again.

Keith
AK6ZZ