Author Topic: Webpage Status RADIO OFF  (Read 4821 times)

K5WA

• View Profile
    • Email
Webpage Status RADIO OFF
« on: 2010-04-09, 05:14:35 »
I just received my RRC-1258 MKII system today and I am stuck.  The Webpage Status says RADIO OFF on the Radio RRC unit no matter what baud rate I set.  I assume that the RADIO RRC would show RADIO ON even without connecting to the CONTROL RRC over my network.  Is that correct?  I am not worried about SIP or Mic/AUX connection yet until I get the Radio RRC talking to the rig (K3).  I have tried my own cable with pins 2,3 and 5 as well as an "off the shelf" cable and the same result so I don't believe I have a cable problem.  I can control the K3 with the same cable using HRD but I am getting no communication via RRC.  The rig is supposed to be connected to COM2, correct?  I set the Radio and Serial baud rate the same per the instructions but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob K5WA

K5WA

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Webpage Status RADIO OFF
« Reply #1 on: 2010-04-09, 22:49:17 »
Mike,
As further clarification of my setup, I am simply trying to use HRD on the Control RRC to operate a K3 on the Radio RRC.  I have the Radio Settings on Transparent for both the Control RRC and the Radio RRC.  I have the Serial settings on Mode 4 for Radio RRC and Control RRC.

Is this correct?

Also, as a separate test, I attached a cable to COM2 on the Radio RRC and ran the cable to a COM port on my PC.  I used two different terminal programs to see if I saw any output from COM2.  I am seeing nothing from the port.

Is this normal or do I have a defective unit?

Thanks for a reply,
Bob K5WA

K5WA

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Webpage Status RADIO OFF - UPDATE
« Reply #2 on: 2010-04-12, 17:26:29 »
As an update, I figured out how to connect everything and get it running.  I received an email offline that told me the RADIO OFF message ONLY applies to installations using detachable face plates and does NOT apply to those of us using REMOTERIG as a pass through RS-232 connection.  I know have my K3 running CW over my home network very well and I am pleased with the performance.  My next step in testing will be to install it at my remote station about 60 miles from my house.

I will write up my installation and submit it to SM2O in case he would like to post a K3 installation in English. 

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Webpage Status RADIO OFF
« Reply #3 on: 2010-04-12, 20:12:01 »
Ok Bob

I will be glad to have some pictures to add on the website

good luck

73 de mike