Author Topic: Not COM ports connection FT817  (Read 7698 times)

EB3DMS

• View Profile
    • Email
Not COM ports connection FT817
« on: 2013-10-03, 10:58:02 »
Hi everybody.

I bought 3 days ago the RRCmicro PC client with the Radio RRC. and I have running normaly inside my LAN (by now), but not the COM ports.

I did read the forum searching for an answer, but if there is, I'm not able to find it. May be some related cases.

I Have the V7 hardware up to date to the 2.74. The PC client is the 1.6.7.0 and it is installed in three different PC's. two Note Books, and one DeskTop unit. All them running on W7 64bits.

I use de HRD V5, that links OK using a USB cable for Yaesu FT817 (by  an IP to USB converter), but nothing happens using Port 1 or 2 from the RRC Rdio box with a CT62 cable.

I check the CT-62 with an USB-RS232 interface and works fine, so I think it's a Hard/drivers problem with it.

Any one has experienced with this???

Thanks.

Paco.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Not COM ports connection FT817
« Reply #1 on: 2013-10-03, 14:01:37 »
Only COM2 can be connected direct to a CT62. The most common problem is that people use "pirat" CT-62 which is NOT power from the Radio like the orginal and they do not work. Check that the CT-62 has a MAX-232 chip inside otherwise it will not work.

73 de mike

EB3DMS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-10-03, 15:49:25 »
Hi Mike.

Thanks for reply.
The interface it seems to be original  from Vertex-Standard (YAESU), and yesterday I mesured at the circuitry having Voltage comming  from the transceiver, so the interface betwen TTL and RS232 levels it's well powered.  I'll take a look searching for the MAX-232. I'll post later.

73 de Paco.

EB3DMS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-10-03, 16:21:41 »
Hi Mike.
Finally I dissasembled the unit again and found an ADM2023 from Analog Devices instead a MAX-232 from MAXIM IC, and sincerely I don't believe this can be a reason to fail. It works OK  from an ordinary RS-232 port, and that port it is not biasing the circuitry inside, but it's done via the transceiver voltage.
 There is no other way to check the  COM ports??
When I see the assignment on the PC's, they are fixed as "MICROBIT VIRTUAL COM PORT  (COM1), (COM2), (COM3) even with the soft not started, or with no  communication between RRC micro and the RRC Radio. Furthermore,  I have not the oportunity to change the port number, as I can do with other devices running.
I Hope that information will be usefull .

Thanks again

Paco.

EB3DMS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2013-10-04, 12:59:53 »
Hi again.

Meanwhile I was doing some tests:

1- The original CT62 interface it's giving -9V for the "1" High logic level State, and +9 for the "0" Low logic level State. Both well far from the decission threshold.

2-There is unidirectional Link at the COM 2 port , and that it's between the PC to The Radio. Once start  the HRD and try to connect to the radio, the radio  switchs ON, so it receives the command from HRD, but when it  tryes to send out data to the PC don't work.

3-Using LED (with it's resistor) at TXD from  CT62, I see activity to the RS232 converter I use, and to the RRC Radio as well.

4-There is continuity between the pin RXD   DB9 COM2 port at the RRC Radio, to the ST3232 pins RXD. The ground it's also OK. There is not a shortcorcuit between RXD and GND.

I'm seriously thinking about a problem on the RS232 receiver at the RRC Radio.

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks.

Paco.

« Last Edit: 2013-10-04, 13:02:27 by EB3DMS »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2013-10-04, 13:19:21 »
Hi

The hardware of the RRC never fails, it's always a matter of settings, strapps or cables. Email me the info I need to connect to your Radio-RRC, be sure that you have made portforwarding for the telnet port also.

/mike

EB3DMS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2013-10-04, 14:12:52 »
Hi Mike.
Obviously I'm doing tests to find the problem because I'm the first person  interested in, and the post was only a logic thought(not an afirmation) due to the colected data analisis.

In fact, my intention was to know for sure that was not an Interface Problem.

This said, I'm not interested on confrontation and sorry if I bother You, English is not my native language, so my expression could be misunderstanding. Only the problem resolution is relevant so I wait the alternatives you can bring.

In order to avoid other not desired effects, the first tests were done directly from one PC  to the RRC via an Ethernet Cable. Not through switches,  Router, or the like. But due to the number of tests I've done it's possible something passes out, I will try to repeat them

As I run the unit inside my LAN I did not test on a WAN, but I will try to configure As soon as possible the Router,  and send the information you require, in order You can test the unit.

If you are interested to see the tests I did, I can Upload on my Youtube channel. If it helps, tell me.

Thanks.

Paco.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2013-10-04, 14:40:52 »
I have helped so many to start up their systems and there is always an explanation for the the problem. And it's exremly rare that any hardware involved is broken (Radio, RRC. Routers etc.). If I can connect to the Radio-RRC I can check the settings and I can also  via Telnet check that the commnictation with the radio is working so it's the fastest way for me to find out if the radio end is OK.

73 de mike

EB3DMS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2013-10-05, 12:21:27 »
OK Mike, all is ready ( I Think)

More info on your mail.

Thanks.

EB3DMS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: 2013-10-05, 20:09:05 »
Hi Everybody.

Finally works ok!!!! Thanks Mike!!

It was the Stop bit, that has to be 2 instead of 1 for the FT-817. Mike did take a look this morning and found that, and the option Char by Char has to be active too, instead FT8x7.

From this morning utill now I'm playing with it and no problem.

I will enjoy it.

Thanks again.

Paco.