Author Topic: Have to restart Control RRC after each power-off  (Read 4276 times)

n6xi

• View Profile
    • Email
Have to restart Control RRC after each power-off
« on: 2013-09-07, 06:13:22 »
Running a K3 Twin setup with thanks to SM2O and DJ0QN for a lot of help. It's working well now but I'm curious why I have to Restart the Control RRC manually each time I power off the rigs. Without that Restart, the units fail to connect ("busy signal").

I have noticed that when the RRCs are connected, the Control RRC Status page reports unusual port numbers for SIP Out, Audio Out and Cmd Out. After power off, the funny numbers persist but after the RRC Restart they are restored to the nominal values and reconnect works fine on the next power on. Is this normal or somehow related to why I have to do the manual Restart?

/Rick N6XI

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Have to restart Control RRC after each power-off
« Reply #1 on: 2013-09-07, 09:06:37 »
Hi

I have never heard anyone having to restart every time before connecting. The change of portnumber you see is normal, it's a result of the router doing portmapping, The RRC do not change portnumber, but  adapt to the routers mapping. As you had router problems before also I should have tested with another router. Use one from the big brands Linksys, Netgear or D-link they always work.

73 de mke

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Have to restart Control RRC after each power-off
« Reply #2 on: 2013-09-07, 12:26:11 »
Hi Rick,

I agree with Mike, it looks like a router problem to me.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX