Author Topic: Problems with Setup Manager on my new Windows-7 computer  (Read 5513 times)

W7KW

• View Profile
    • Email
My name is Terry and my call sign is W7KW.

Recently I changed the OS and hard disk  in my home computer from Windows XP Pro to Windows-7 and solid state drive.  After the upgrade I loaded "Microbit Setup Manager V 1.22.  The installation looked OK and I was able to select the specific profile I wanted, BUT, after that if I reopened Setup Manager and attempted to change to a different Profile I found that nothing was displayed in any of the tabs and there is a message printed in red in the bottom window that said "Unknown disconnect!" and I have lost control of Setup Manager.  This feature worked fine when I was running XP-Pro. Please help.  Thank you  Terry  (((W7KW.terry@gmail.com)))

ON4AOI

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Problems with Setup Manager on my new Windows-7 computer
« Reply #1 on: 2013-10-10, 07:51:06 »
Did you try the run it with administrator rights ?

Guy ON4AOi

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-10-10, 08:59:20 »
Also "Unknown disconnect!"  is ok as long as there is no RRC connected, though the tabs should of course not be empty. You could also try the old Windows trick - reboot.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

W7KW

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-10-10, 15:56:12 »
Jan --- YES the USB cable is always connected to the RRC-1258. 
Did you try the run it with administrator rights ?  YES We have tried many different configurations.  The Setup Manager worked fine under Windows XP.

Guy ON4AOi