RRC-Micro PC Client in English > General discussion

radio switching on and off continuously

<< < (2/3) > >>

Miles:
Mike,

I’m going to follow your advice to connect the FT-857 using Micro Client:  keep the front panel connected to the body of the FT-857 and connect the radio to the RCC with a cable between the cat socket of the radio (mini din) and the TTL connector of the RCC. For the cable I will use the FT-897 configuration. Question: the strapping and jumpers in the radio RCC are now set for the FT-857. Can I keep these unchanged, or must I switch to the FT-897 settings?

All the best,

Miles

sm2o:
You can keep the strappings.

/mike

Markus:
Hi,

is this restriction still up to date? I intended to use at one QTH the seperated operator panel (works fine) and at another QTH the RRC Micro PC Client.

Greetings from Germany
Markus

sm2o:
That how it is, nothing that will be changed.

FT-857 with frontpanel attached is like any other Yaesu without detachable frontpanel

73 de mike

Markus:
Hi,

thanks for fast response. Because I need to different control QTHs and one should be with a detached control panel, so another idea (a little bit out of topic):

I asked my Yaesu dealer for a second control panel and it is not so extremly expensive. Would it be possible to buy a second operating panel and a third remote rig MKIIs and use the two remote operating panels alternating in the special FT-857 mode? Or the radio RRC and the remote RRC must be paired in any way?

Thanks,
Markus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version