Author Topic: USB to COM2 one-way corrupted data until RRC reboot.  (Read 3327 times)

VA2MM

• View Profile
Hello,

I am using the RRC with IC706MKII remote control-head mode, which works fine.  I also use CI-V over COM2 to control the radio from my logging software. The computer at the control end uses the USB to access COM2.

All that works well for a while (random amount of time ranging from a few minutes to perhaps an hour ) after turning on the RRC unit. Eventually the logging software will disconnect due to failed polls with the Radio. Looking at the logs, the echo back from the radio works fine for a while but then suddenly starts producing poll response errors. It seems to be a one-way problem because I can still control the radio (e.g. change frequencies) but I cannot read the frequency and the logging program eventually disconnects after 30 bad polls.

I believe that the problem is with the control RRC because: restarting the logging program does not help and unplugging and replugging the USB does not clear the problem. Resetting the remote (radio-side) RCC doesn't help but, rebooting the control RRC always and immediately clears the problem (for a while). Once it gets into the one-way corrupted data mode, it never recovers by itself (only after control RRC reboot).

Running latest RRC firmware.  Serial port settings are attached.

I have also attached a log capture file showing what happens when it starts to fail. The capture shows the last successful poll, then (starting at line 11) the series of poll failures where you see the echo is consistently corrupted.

« Last Edit: 2013-11-24, 20:12:12 by VA2MM »

VA2MM

• View Profile
Re: USB to COM2 one-way corrupted data until RRC reboot.
« Reply #1 on: 2014-09-30, 18:10:34 »
Just for reference, I found that the problem was related to the RRC USB port. Switching to an external USB-Serial adaptor solved the corrupted serial data problem. 

I am now using a K3 rig, and have not had any problems with the RRC's USB serial to CAT function.

Mark VA2MM