Author Topic: alpha 87A  (Read 4691 times)

deSanford

• View Profile
    • Email
alpha 87A
« on: 2010-06-19, 22:55:20 »
I'm new to this site, but I'm currently remote with two computers.  Anyone using an amp with this system, and how are you controlling it?  Anyone using an M square rotator with this system?  Right now I  have the remote head for the rotator at the remote site and use UVNC to see what direction it is pointing the array of antennas, controlling it from the home location.  Does this system have any need for a computer at the home QTH?  I'm using a TS 480 control head at the home QTH with the main unit at the remote site.  I have high speed "FIOS" Verzion at each location (fiber).  Looks like I will be spending a lot of time reading the posts.  deSanford  W6YY

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: alpha 87A
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-19, 23:39:38 »
Hi

If you use a TS-480 you do not need any computers.

You also have two extra "transparent" serial ports which can be used for PA and rotators

I know people using ACOM 2000 and Expert 1K FA not Alpha as I remember, Most rotators with serial interface is also possible to use.

I use Prosistel with built in serial port but people also use different models with extra serial cards for example "easy rotor control"

73  de mike

deSanford

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-20, 05:47:21 »
Thanks Mike........looks like remote control has really come a long way.

vk5cp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-29, 13:40:39 »
The Alpha 87A will work fine over the com port. I have been able to turn my refurbished 87A off and on, change settings and monitor output etc via an RS232 over the internet.

73 de Chris VK5CP