Author Topic: SIP/Audio out Ports changing on Radio end Normal?  (Read 6134 times)

WA7HJV

• View Profile
    • Email
SIP/Audio out Ports changing on Radio end Normal?
« on: 2014-01-11, 14:43:11 »
Greetings,

I am fairly new to RR ops, have only been on for about 6 weeks so this may have been covered before but I haven't found it on the forum.
I never noticed before but the SIP out and Audio out changes ports on each connection on the Radio end. Is this normal? Below are a couple screen shots of my Radio RRC status. The photo is with Status: Disconnected and the last two are with Status: Connected.

Thank you in advance for any info.

Jack WA7HJV

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: SIP/Audio out Ports changing on Radio end Normal?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-01-11, 14:48:05 »
Yes that's normal. It's your routers who map the ports to different port numbers, but it's normal some routers do others do not

/mike

WA7HJV

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2014-01-11, 14:52:43 »
Mike,

Thank you for the info. I have another question.  I now have a good solid internet connection on both ends, minimum of 10MB Down and 4MB up but I still have breaks in RX audio and sometimes lose packets on XMIT audio. Do you see anything in my settings that I could change to improve this condition?

Thank You

WA7HJV

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2014-01-11, 15:01:18 »
As you allready have increased the jitter buffer sizes and set audio q to 0 there is not much more you can do in the RRC:s you have to find the source of the interupts. Bad modems, phonelines etc. In worst case it's the ISP and then it's difficult.

73 de mike

WA7HJV

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2014-01-11, 15:09:30 »
Ok. Thanks for the help Mike!

K9SO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-02-22, 12:22:05 »
Mike,

I operate the IC-706 over a NC to Chicago Internet link. Two different cable ISPs (Comcast and Time-Warner). 

I found that most of my packet dropouts were in my LAN. I had a lot of luck solving this problem by giving my radio data PREMIUM priority in the router and changing all other traffic to STANDARD. Do this in the router QoS settings, especially at the radio end. I was getting dropouts even with nearly zero traffic on the LAN.

I still get an occasional dropout, probably ISP related, and buffer settings helped a bit there too.

Incidentally, I had the same problem with my "MAGIC JACK" VoIP connection. QoS settings fixed that too.

Fred
WA9MVZ

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2014-02-22, 12:59:08 »
Yes Fred, If you have a router which supports QoS it can make a considerable difference especially on narrowband connections

73 de mike