Author Topic: Networked FT 857  (Read 5954 times)

ea4km

• View Profile
Networked FT 857
« on: 2014-02-20, 15:37:15 »
Hello, you expose the problem that is giving me 1258. The teams are at a distance of 900 meters ( one in the qth and another in another qth mountain ) .
I have assembled a network with 2 antennas 2.4GHz 24db and 2 and another bullet M2 HP one .
So I do not need any configuration n to surf the internet network .
The 2 teams mounted thereon qth , simulating with 2 antennas and each with Bullet , connect well with no problems and all functions are smooth .
When I place each in its qth no way to work correctly, try to turn on the front of the FT857 but it does not matter, only once went on solo and everything worked correctly, but to turn it off and back on does not work anymore .
Now sandwiched in the AP a router to have internet in the mountains and can surf the internet and laptop navigate in the mountains without problem ( point to point has at each end - 18db ) also from the qth me I can connect to both teams by web without problem) but I'm not able to run the FT857 in the same network dare remote plan. regards

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Networked FT 857
« Reply #1 on: 2014-02-20, 16:55:13 »
Not sure if I completely understood your mail, but I would say that it looks as if you left your RRC's
with the default internal IP numbers. Make sure that they are changed to be in the same subnet
(e.g. 192.168 X.Y, where X is the subnet)as the rest of the network, i.e. the Bullets. This has
nothing to do with the internet, it is necessary in any case.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

ea4km

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-02-20, 17:22:08 »
Hi Mitch.
Sorry for my English, it's simple equipment will be placed at a distance but united by the peer to peer network via wifi.
My router is 192.168.1.1 gateway within the RRC have it in 192.168.1.228 and 192.168.1.227 RRC control and when the antennas to 3 meters away everything works well and only once I get to run 900 meters away when you turn off and turn on again not working, which only makes the control tries to ignite but fails.
I understand that what I mean is to change and control Radio 192.168.0.228 192.168.0.227 as it came home, the first thing I did but neither get it to work.
Thanks but I've been one week and I do not know where to go.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2014-02-20, 17:35:40 »
If your network is 192.168.1.X, then all components must be in this subnet. It sounds like you
did it correctly, certainly the 192.168.0.X will not work.

From what I now understand, you are saying that the Bullets work with the RRC's at a short
distance, but no longer work when you move the Bullets further apart. In this case the issue
lies completely with the Bullets and would have nothing to do with the RRC's.

To find the problem, I suggest that you watch the Bullets' internal reporting as to the quality
of the connection. Move them slowly apart and see what happens. Eventually you can use a
monitoring program on a connected computer to determine the quality of the network.  I suspect
that you will find that the connection quality becomes too poor to maintain the connection you need
to make this work effectively. You will need to find what you need to fix (e.g. firmware adjustment,
antenna position, etc.) to improve the connection, since it should work well with two Bullets and 24db
gain antennas.

My guess is that the antenna gain is so high, that you are not aiming them properly at each other
to get them to work properly, but that is only one possibility that you need to check.

If I understood you wrong again, then hopefully someone speaking Spanish can help you out here
instead. Good luck!

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

« Last Edit: 2014-02-20, 20:17:12 by dj0qn »

ea4km

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-02-20, 17:45:52 »
Ok Mitch. Thanks for answering so fast and give me ideas to move forward.
I will continue to try to orient your explanations better but they are seeing the 2 antennas. Now I'll tell you Thanks.

ea4km

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-02-22, 01:41:03 »
Another day, after improving the alignment of the antennas now they are watching, surf the internet from the side of the radio that comes internet me via wifi I have-21dB signal but does not turn on FT857 all it does is attempt turning the micro connector first turns yellow and then the next lED in red and back to try to start the computer and the same thing happens again.
I have also opened router ports 13000, 13001, 13002, 80 and 23 but not get internet connection.
Thanks any help.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2014-02-22, 09:24:07 »
what does the status page in the control RRC says about the connection?
When the FT857 starts it's almost makes a short circuit to the 13.8V power supply so if you have the Radio-RRC connected to the same PS it will restart. Even some 30A power supply can not handle it.  But it shows on the uptime counter in the Radio-RRC if the RRC is restarted.

/mike.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2014-02-22, 12:09:08 »
What confuses me, is that he said (as far as I understood him) that it works at short
distances, but not when he separates the Bullets further. This would have nothing to
do with RemoteRig. I also understood that he was using this only within the same LAN,
so port forwards, etc. would not make a difference.

I suspect that we have a language issue here. It would be great if someone could find out
what is going on in Spanish.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2014-02-22, 12:54:53 »
Yes that's why I suspect the power supply problem. Maybe he did not tested with the same PS as on the final position

/mike

ea4km

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-02-22, 16:32:54 »
I got. It was the power supply, separate power on the radio and running without problem. Not being present every time you turned on the side of the radio could not watch it.
Now I will try to connect to the rotor circuit controlled from the PC using cover art.
And I will tell. Impressive handling.
Greetings and Thanks.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: 2014-02-22, 16:33:55 »
Good catch, Mike!