Author Topic: startup issues  (Read 5011 times)

k6jv

• View Profile
    • Email
startup issues
« on: 2010-05-11, 21:08:46 »
Trying to get my remote IC-706 Mark IIG going.

Completed cable, with extender, works fine.

Setup both boxes as shown.

Forwarded proper ports.

Setup DynDNS account.

Radio does not turn on remotely. I have two different IP addresses as home. Control is on one, radio on the other.

What should I start looking for?

Thanks,
Doug
K6JV

k6jv

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: startup issues
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-12, 02:12:43 »
Got it working, was SIP issue, not probably set.

N4HH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-12, 18:06:02 »
I posted a question about DynDNS and have not gotten any responses.  Can you tell me what you did with SIP?  Sounds a bit like the same issue that I'm having and frankly I don't know what to put in SIP - in Control or Radio?  Thanks -- Don N4HH

Ubbe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-12, 20:19:47 »
Put 5060 as value for SIP in both ends.

The two units negotiate through SIP what portnumbers should be used for control and audio,
so you will need to get SIP running before anything else will work.

Only if you have IP telephony at either end, that uses the 5060 port, will force you to use another port for SIP.

The DynDNS service that you sign up for and are free, I belive only reports what IP you have externally and some people use the remoterig for that. It says on the status page in remoterig what external IP you have and you'll need to set that IP at the other remoterig as other party.

If you choose the advanced DynDNS service that you pay an annual fee to get, I believe it handles your dynamic IP correctly and automaticly without you having to set it manually in the boxes each time it changes.

Ubbe.