Author Topic: Antenna Switch AS-1269: serial connection required for auto band switching?  (Read 4771 times)

N5CQ

• View Profile
    • Email
I just installed the unit and it works great using the web browser interface, but I am unsure about how to connect it to the transceiver for automatic band switching.  I am using an Elecraft K3 - K3/0 remote setup.

The manual pp. 30-32 refers to serial connection, but I am unsure if I have "the serial adapter 1216R is connected to the pin header P1". How can I tell? 

I am not sure I have the other setup correct. I would like to do the auto band switching without using a serial connection if it is possible.

In the antenna switch "Radio RRC Settings" should the UDP port be set to the same one as used in the RRC radio units "UDP command port"? 

In the RRC "Radio Settings" should the "UDP antenna switch port" be set to the web interface port of the AS-1269 or ?

If a serial connection is required can I use the USB input the the AS-1269 somehow?

73 John N5CQ

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Hi

You do not need any serial cable, the control is done over IP, Just setup the antenna switch to use FT-2000/5000... etc protocol.
Under Radio-RRC settings, set enable and  the IP address of the radio-RRC. And click the Automatic control button on the mainpage That's all you need to do.

The Serial-cable is only needed if you do NOT have a Remoterig system and want to have automatic antenna switching.

73 de mike

N5CQ

• View Profile
    • Email
No joy so far. The RRC Radio "Status" says "Antenna Switch (IP): not connected".  In the AS-1269 Radio RRC settings what should the UDP port be set to?

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
It's not important but it has to be set to same port in RRC and Antenna switch, default is 13010.
And it must be different from the other ports used in the RRC.

/mike

N5CQ

• View Profile
    • Email
Bingo! Works like a champion now. You may want to add your last post to the verbiage in the manual.

73 John N5CQ