Author Topic: audio through computer speakers when 1274a is selected as speaker  (Read 5124 times)

W0CP

• View Profile
    • Email
I had everything set up and working fine. Made Q's on cw and ssb. Then I got a loud continuous squeal in the headset while I was calling the ZL7 and wasn't able to get it to stop, despite rebooting. So, I rolled back win7-64 bit to a point when things were working and was able to make it operational with (hopefully) just one quirk remaining.

My quirk is that I only get audio through the computer speakers. Regardless of which speakers I select in the RRC menu, audio comes from the computer speakers. The 1274a is the default selection for speakers. I believe this is because the RRC audio isn't functioning properly, so the computer switches to speakers that are functioning? For example, in the Sound menu of Win7, when I test the 1274a for audio, I hear nothing, while testing the computer speakers emits the test tones.

Any suggestions? tnx...

W0CP

• View Profile
    • Email
I un-installed both sound cards (laptop and 1274a) and re-installed them. I re-booted a few times. Still just getting sound from the laptop sound card, regardless of which one is selected in the rrc menu. The 1274a is default in win7.

Question: when things are working properly, is it possible to run the windows sound test (3 chimes in each ear) on the 1274a and hear the chimes? When I run this test I get silence.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-27, 00:09:50 by W0CP »

roland

I un-installed both sound cards (laptop and 1274a) and re-installed them. I re-booted a few times. Still just getting sound from the laptop sound card, regardless of which one is selected in the rrc menu. The 1274a is default in win7.

Question: when things are working properly, is it possible to run the windows sound test (3 chimes in each ear) on the 1274a and hear the chimes? When I run this test I get silence.

Yes. The sound test should be heard in the 1284A when things are OK.
Also if you have the Windows soundcard volume level form up the level should be changed of you change the level in RRCMicro

W0CP

• View Profile
    • Email
I've drilled down on this a bit more. When I select the 1274a as the speaker, the sound comes out of the computer speaker. When I select the computer speaker, the windows panel shows audio on the 1274a (green bars moving), but no sound from the 1274a or the computer speaker. I have removed and reinstalled both the computer sound card and the 1274a to no effect. The windows sound test produces chimes in the computer speakers but not in the 1274a.  I am running a thinkpad w520 with Win7. any ideas?