Author Topic: Microbit Setup Manager not connected  (Read 4004 times)

K5WK Ken

• View Profile
    • Email
Microbit Setup Manager not connected
« on: 2014-04-10, 18:38:32 »
This has to be soooo simple, but:
I moved the station, recabled everything.
When I bring up MSM, FW/HW says "unknown disconnected".
COM1 of RRC goes thru com to USB adapter to USB of computer.  Also have the FSK line running from left side to RRC (usb port) to the computer USB.  K3 is connected via RS232 to the rear RS232 of the RRC. Internet cable runs from Ethernet jack on back of RRC-1258 to the router (hard wire).   Both lights are on at the RRC internet connector, green light blinks,  and I get no disconnected tones.

I am able to remotely bring up both the amp and rotor, but the k3 does not connect. 
Everything has been restarted a couple of times.  Please point out to me how stupid I must be ...
« Last Edit: 2014-04-10, 18:52:22 by K5WK Ken »

W1UE

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Microbit Setup Manager not connected
« Reply #1 on: 2014-04-11, 11:45:14 »
Ken- recheck your setup.  One of the DB9 cables is a null modem cable, and it must be in the correct position.  The DB9
cables are not interchangeable.

Dennis W1UE

K5WK Ken

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2014-04-11, 15:46:32 »
I had labeled my cables in the past to eliminate such a problem.  I see no way to have a cable problem unless one was somehow left out.
I suspect the KUSB (COM to RS-232 adapter).  I see no other way that the RRC could be "unknown disconnected".

K5WK Ken

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2014-04-11, 15:58:18 »
My friend just arrived with an "offbrand" com/usb adapter, and indeed that was the problem.  Using a new adapter, everything works fine.