Author Topic: ftsprapi.dll not found error  (Read 5431 times)

k9uk

• View Profile
ftsprapi.dll not found error
« on: 2014-04-21, 00:46:11 »
All:

Trying to install RRC-Micro and receiving an ftsprapi.dll not found error -- Windows 8.1 (new install) and Lenovo laptop --- Any help would be appreciated --

Thank,
Dave - K9UK

k9uk

• View Profile
Re: ftsprapi.dll not found error
« Reply #1 on: 2014-04-21, 01:18:12 »
More info ---
When I tried to reinstall the error message is RRC Micro: Critical Error -- Error: object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Dave - K9UK

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2014-04-21, 13:33:32 »
Dave,

Which version are you using? I am sure Roland needs this to be able to answer you. I know that
the latest one resolved some Win 8.1 compatibility issues.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

roland

« Reply #3 on: 2014-04-21, 16:14:39 »
@k9uk
We have noticed this problem on one more installation (a Dell computer) and continues to investigate what's causing it.
The installation goes without any problems on most Win8.1 pc's but apparently not on some others.  As a note the software
is in fact developed on a Win 8.1 pc now.

We are working on solving the problem.

k9uk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-04-21, 18:27:14 »
Thanks for the reply --

I wonder if installing Windows 8.1 professional would help -- I did try a later and current version of the installation software with the same results.  An interesting note is that on one of the installations the software performed as it should but on a restart the error occurred -- Interesting??????  I did have this software performing as it should on this laptop with Windows 8 and when I upgraded to Windows 8.1 the error occurred.

Dave

k9uk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-04-22, 15:57:17 »
The saga continues with a bright outcome -- Once again I tried to install the RRC-Micro but first I went to the Micro setup driver folder and tried to install the Virtual com port -- Before when I tried I was unsuccessful and received an interupt error --  this time the install was completed and so I then tried to install the RRC-Micro program and all went as it should -- The program is now functioning and seems to retain its settings --

Dave

roland

« Reply #6 on: 2014-04-22, 15:59:56 »
Thanks for the info.

There is something fishy with Windows 8.1 and the serial port drivers
which we continue to investigate.

Great to hear that you got it working