Author Topic: Does RRC-Micro makes your remote control portable with icom 756 pro 3  (Read 5997 times)

Codianni

• View Profile
    • Email
To Mikael Styrefors,

Interested in remote controlling my base station (Icom 756 Pro3 or Icom 7000) with RRC Micro. Has anyone done this? Do I have to buy a remote rig Control box for the radio and simply use the RRC Micro with my remote computer with RS-BA01 (Icom Remote software)? There are many of us on the Icom 756 Pro 3 and Icom 7000 Yahoo Forums that would be very interested. The problem that we are having is that we are unable to configure the RS-BA01 and HRD to work over the internet. And for those who have used these programs over the  internet the bandwidth is very wide. Will be returning to the US within 2 months and want to have my other base station equipped with the Icom 756 Pro3 and the remote rig.

Thanks in advance!

Dan
kd2alv

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Yes you can control all ICOMs (with CI-V) with Remoterig and RRC-Micro. You do not need RS-BA1 at all if you want to use HRD

http://www.remoterig.com/picturepaster/f6ad0a0c31c94e6cb38b17c7719efaac.jpg

shows a typical setup with IC-7000 but it's the same with all ICOMs

73 de mike

Codianni

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Mike,

I will be making the order tomorrow. I have a Icom 756 Pro3, with the Rigblaster Advantage. The CI-V cable is plugged from the radio to the Rigblaster Advantage and from the radio's Accessories 1 socket, I have 2 two cables marked Audio and FSK that are also plugged into their respective sockets in the Rigblaster Advantage. Then from the Rigblaster Advantage, I have a USB plugged into my computer. Instead of plugging the USB into my computer I simple plug the USB in the RRC 125 MKII or do I plug the Audio, CI-V and fsk cable from the Radio to the RRC 125 independently?

Tomorrow I would just have to buy the RRC-Micro Audio Coded PTT and the RRC 125 MkII. Could I use under the emulator Parallel Desktop with Window 7 ultimate? Is the above correct? Is the anything else that I need to order?  I will be buying this in the US tom and want to make sure that I have everything that I need. I do not want to make more the one importation to South America.

Thanks,

Dan
kd2alv/hk3dc

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
I can't tell you in detail how you should connect the cables together with rigblaster which I do not no anything about. Probably there are other at the forum who knows more about it.
But from the RRC you get CI-V via TTL ( not USB) analog audio for mic and speaker, PTT signal, CW key signal and RTTY key signal.

You can download the manual to find out more details.

http://www.remoterig.com/downloads/RemoteRig_RRC1258-MkII_Users_manual.pdf

73 de mike