Author Topic: Rotor Control Question  (Read 3057 times)

VA3BD

• View Profile
Rotor Control Question
« on: 2014-06-28, 16:24:39 »
I have followed a couple of threads on this topic and sadly, I am still unclear as to how to implement Rotor control. I'd really appreciate some help from experienced users:

Question 1 - Do I need a webswitch?- The RRC 1258 includes a RS 232 interface. Would that not be adequate to interface with a rotor control box that is equipped with a serial port? If not, why not?

Question 2 - Best Rotor to use- I noticed a couple of years ago that some users were unhappy with the Hy Gain Digital Rotor controller. Has that issue been resolved or must I go to an aftermarket control board to fit inside a Hy Gain or Yaesu control box. (For simplicity sake I would prefer to buy a P&P HyGain with DCU-2 if at all possible).

Question 3 - I am also considering a Yaesu Rotor with an aftermarket board such as the Easy-Rotor. Who has used what board and with what success?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

73 Doug VA3BD

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Rotor Control Question
« Reply #1 on: 2014-06-28, 17:03:49 »
I can answer question No 1

Yes if you have a free serial port in the RRC, You can use it for rotor control as you say. I personally prefer web based control of rotators, PA, antenna switches etc. as I do not need any PC . I can control everything from a mobile or Ipad.

73 de mike