Author Topic: Yaesu FT-857D powers down when I touch the volume control or tuning knob  (Read 3696 times)

KR3AM

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm using a remoterig with a Yaesu FT-857D in the remote head configuration. Until today it has worked fine. But, this morning I discovered that moving either the radio's volume control or big tuning knob causes the radio to power down.

If I remove the remoterig and connect the head directly to the radio's base, it works fine. So, the problem has something to do with the remoterig.

The only thing I changed this morning was to use an rtSystems ADMS program on my computer to configure the radio's memory. (This was done with a CAT to USB cable supplied by rtSystems.) Suspecting that might have caused the problem, I did a factory reset of the radio. Unfortunately, the reset did not fix the problem.

I checked the remoterig's configuration screens, and everything is correct.

Help!

KR3AM

• View Profile
    • Email
Replying to my own post...

The problem occurred because I had left the rtSystems CAT-USB cable plugged into the radio, even though the other end wasn't plugged into my computer. For some reason, having this cable plugged in causes the radio to power down when you move various controls on the remote head.