Author Topic: I/O port use and settings  (Read 3876 times)

G3UEG

• View Profile
I/O port use and settings
« on: 2010-06-10, 20:40:36 »
I think there is a small typo on the drawing for the RRC-1258 I/O connections in the CW section.
I think the wire from the PC going to Pin 4 should be IN0 (not IN2)??

I have a need to transmit a control line from control end to radio end in addition to using the paddle.  My thought is that I can leave the paddle inputs as is,  and the keying output (UT0 pin5) as on the diagram.   Can I then apply my control line to IN0 (pin 4) and set up that to output to either UT1 (pin 3) or UT2 (pin 6)  Is my thinking on this correct??

In addition to my control line,  If I wanted to use a straight key (or a computer keyed output) at the control end (in place of the paddle), Is there a way to do this??  Although it seems simpler than the paddle option I can't work it out??  What I effectively want to do is have two separate simple control lines with the two independent outputs following each independent input.

Dave, G3UEG

G3UEG

• View Profile
Re: I/O port use and settings
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-12, 21:51:42 »
I have received a reply from Mikael direct, as I have had difficulty logging into the forum.  I have cut and pasted his answer below..

If you activate the the Keyer function input 1 and 2 are dedicated to the paddle and cannot be use to anything else and input 0 are then dedicated to straight key input via the keyer handler or can be used as an extra PTT for foot switch etc.

If you not activate the keyer, all 3 inputs are just transferred to the output at the Radio-RRC if they are set to I/O at the I/O settings tab.

Dave, G3UEG