Author Topic: Problems with setting up IC-7100  (Read 5530 times)

cobra

• View Profile
Problems with setting up IC-7100
« on: 2014-07-16, 14:19:10 »
Hello,

I have a Remoterig 1258 MKII (black version without JMP5) and am trying to set up IC-7100. I have mounted the straps as shown in the manual on p. 101, but when I press the power button on the radio, all I hear is three small clicks (about a second apart) and that's about it.

On the controller status page,  I see that there is a SIP error, while on the radio side there is no error indication at all. However, the units have previously been successfully paired using a Kenwood rig, and it's worth noting that nothing has changed, except the aforementioned internal reconfigurations and selecting IC-7100 as the program mode within the software.

The units seem to have no logging options to allow for further tracing of errors. Suggestions?

Regards,
Bjorn

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Problems with setting up IC-7100
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-16, 14:57:04 »
Double check to see if really nothing has changed, e.g. the RRC's internal IP address, since it sounds like it
is a network problem. If the IP address has changed, then the port forwards in the router need to be changed
to that IP address as well.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-16, 16:58:31 »
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response. I agree - that was my first thought as well. But the network remains unchanged on the radio side. On the controller side I should add that I am on travel, but I have verified that I have access to the SIP, UDP audio and UDP controller ports using nmap.  The relevant ports show up as open/accessible (granted, UDP ports are problematic to scan from a remote location due to the send-and-forget nature of such packets). I know of no firewalls preventing access.

I guess I am asking if there could be other things I might have overlooked, or if known compatibility issues exists with 1258 MkII version 3 boxes, which are the ones that I've got.

Regards,
Bjorn

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2014-07-16, 18:00:32 »
Hard to say, Bjorn, but I would look for the problem on the radio RRC side. I still suspect that
the internal IP address changed when you changed the jumpers on the RRC and that is why
it doesn't work. Just because you didn't change anything doesn't mean that the router issued
the same IP number. Just double-check to be sure, at least that would eliminate that as a
possible cause (process of elimination).

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-07-16, 18:06:34 »
I will check when I return home. But I consider an IP address change unlikely, since I am able to access the web interface of the RRC on the radio side just fine. After all, that interface is hidden behind the same router and would not be accessible through the NAT if the IP address changed.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2014-07-16, 18:10:30 »
That is information I did not have and would eliminate that as the cause, yes. Either way,
make sure that the ports are correctly opened in the router, that seems to be the problem,
since you already eliminated the control side router/firewall and changes in the RRC's as a
possible cause. It certainly is not caused by RRC settings from the new rig, assuming you
did not change the ports used.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX