Author Topic: PC Client Running Under VM Under Mac  (Read 5600 times)

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
PC Client Running Under VM Under Mac
« on: 2014-07-24, 16:28:58 »
I received an e-mail from an OM that I have been trying to help get his remote station working.
I just found out that he is trying to run the PC Client in a VM using VMWare on the Mac. He says
that everything appears to work, but he can't hear any audio.

Has anyone got this configuration working ok? Is is a configuration issue, or is this a technical
problem that can not be solved?

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

aj1y

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: PC Client Running Under VM Under Mac
« Reply #1 on: 2014-09-16, 15:00:03 »
Mitch was kind enough to try to help me out by posting this request.  Mitch's correctly states the situation and the problem. 

In the end, based upon information provided from another OM quite familiar with Apple OS and the difficulties associated with port opening running Windows in a virtual machine, I reloaded Windows using Apple's bootcamp process and software.  It works fine as, instead of running in a Virtual Machine, you are really running Windows in a partition on the hardware.  It works fine and is, for the purposes of remote rig, easy.

Since doing this, I have solved not only the audio problem with audio on my own LAN but have also been able to connect to my rig via the web.

Joe AJ1Y

KB8CR

• IC-7100 and IC-706 on RRC's
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-31, 21:38:48 »
Hi AJ1Y......which version of OSX and Windows are you using? I am considering buying a Macbook Pro, but don't want to lose the ability to run RRC Micro. If it will run with Windows in Bootcamp, I'll be ok?

Thanks,

Charlie KB8CR

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2016-02-01, 11:10:56 »
Just a reminder regarding RRC-Micro on Macs taken from the product page:

http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=28

Note! The RRC-Micro software is designed and tested on PC plattforms with Windows .7.8 and 10 OS. It’s not designed for or tested on any Mac configuration. ´

It should most likely work when running a "real" Windows, but we have no possibility to guarantee that it will.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.