Author Topic: Where to connect AS-1289 temperature probe ???  (Read 6139 times)

AD8J

• View Profile
    • Email
Where to connect AS-1289 temperature probe ???
« on: 2014-08-09, 16:47:13 »
I have purchased a temperature probe to connect to the antenna switch.  It has three wires (red, black, blue).  The manual says to connect it to bus "B" but nothing is marked in the box.  Not counting the serial connector, I have a 6 pin connector near the side and a 6 pin screw terminal near the front.  Which connector is bus "B" and which terminals do I connect to?  Thanks

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Where to connect AS-1289 temperature probe ???
« Reply #1 on: 2014-08-09, 20:58:43 »
Hi

Here you can see how to connect the temp sensors

http://www.webswitch.se/wp/?page_id=93

73 de mike

AD8J

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2014-09-18, 23:55:31 »
I now have the proper temperature sensor and have it connected properly.  I actually tried two different sensors but I do not get a temperature reading from either.  I have tried rebooting.  Is there something I have to do with the AS-1289 to let it know that a sensor is installed?

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2014-09-19, 10:17:46 »
I now have the proper temperature sensor and have it connected properly.  I actually tried two different sensors but I do not get a temperature reading from either.  I have tried rebooting.  Is there something I have to do with the AS-1289 to let it know that a sensor is installed?
By "not getting readings" do you mean that the "Temperature/RH" web page is blank/empty? Or do you mean that there is no valid temperature displayed on that page?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

AD8J

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2014-09-22, 04:11:58 »
This is what is displayed:

Temperatures:

Sensor Current Max Min Source

Current Temp A(IN) N/A C N/A N/A Local

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2014-09-22, 15:14:27 »
This is what is displayed:

Temperatures:

Sensor Current Max Min Source

Current Temp A(IN) N/A C N/A N/A Local
I have found something which could explain what you are seeing. It has to do with the way the AS-1289 handles the temp sensor and happens if you change sensor. I have emailed you a new firmware version for the AS-1289 I hope will fix the problem. Thank you for your feedback!

AD8J

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2014-09-22, 22:58:42 »
Many thanks to Jan for helping me get a temperature probe working on an AS-1289.  Here is the important things to know should you wish to do the same.

Use a DS18B20 temperature sensor.  Very cheap on ebay.  Tie the two outside leads together and this will be the ground.  Extend the two connected leads and the center data lead with two conductor wire so you have enough length to get to where you want to measure the temperature.  Thin or flat wire is best so you can get it out of the case without making a hole or notch.  I decided to drill a hole next to the power jack.

Disconnect the power from the AS-1289 and open the case.  Remove the top board but leave it connected to the existing wires.  You will have to remove 2 or 3 screws.

Find the 6 connector strip located next to the Ethernet port.  Connect the ground wire to pin 2 (counting from closest to the Ethernet port).  Connect the data wire to pin 3.

Put some electrical tape on the inside of the case where the new wires might short.

Now is a good time to apply power and test.  Just make sure the board isn’t shorting out against the case.

You should now see the temperature template but probably not the temperature.  If you don’t see the template, you have a problem.  If you see the template, you may need to click on the “reset max/min” a few times to get your first temperature measurement.  Note that the readings will be in Celsius with 4 decimal places.  If you still don't have readings you may need to upgrade the firmware.

Disconnect the power and reinstall the board.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2014-09-24, 10:09:33 »
You should now see the temperature template but probably not the temperature.  If you don’t see the template, you have a problem.  If you see the template, you may need to click on the “reset max/min” a few times to get your first temperature measurement.  Note that the readings will be in Celsius with 4 decimal places.  If you still don't have readings you may need to upgrade the firmware.
I do not see how clicking "reset max/min" could trigger a reading, are you sure it wasn't the time elapsed that caused it to show a reading? It might take up to one minute after restarting before there is a reading.

A coming firmware release will allow changing number of decimals and scale(C/F).

AD8J

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2014-09-26, 04:32:09 »
It could have been a function of time, now that you mention it.