Author Topic: K3 connection hung with TERM displayed  (Read 3489 times)

N1RM

• View Profile
K3 connection hung with TERM displayed
« on: 2017-03-30, 05:08:29 »
We have a K3 and RRC at a group station used by several people.  It has been working for a few years.  Recently everyone is having the same problem where when they try to connect, their K3 at home stops with "TERM" displayed in VFO B window.  Remote K3 powers on. Status screens say everything is connected, SIP Quality Excellent, etc.  There is no indication that anything is wrong, but no audio gets to the user, and the radio controls do not work.  Powering down the user's K3 powers down the remote radio.  I've checked configurations at both ends and they look like they haven't changed.  Ports 13000-13002 are still being forwarded by router at remote shack.

Any hints on where to look next?

Rick
N1RM

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: K3 connection hung with TERM displayed
« Reply #1 on: 2017-03-30, 05:18:34 »
Rick,

Did you try rebooting the radio's router? That would normally solve that kind of problem..

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Gesendet von meinem SM-T810 mit Tapatalk

HA7GN

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2017-04-04, 18:34:21 »
I have also been experiencing it since a while. Earlier I caught the RS232 CAT connector been the guilty one when connected loose. I needed to replace the KIO3 I/O board due to damaging the CAT connector and the problem disappeared for some time, but recently it is back again with a lower occurrence. The setup is untouched for several months; now the reason must be something else. After switching the control head off and on again the problem is gone, no need to restart RRC either the router. I have seen the problem once when I was on site at the remote-end; the remote radio display lights up but displays nothing..
73 Gabor
HA7GN

VE3CFK

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2017-09-22, 02:34:59 »
Hello Rick.
Did you resolve your issue?
What was the fix?

Chet
VE3CFK