RRC-Nano > General

RCC-nano Issues

(1/2) > >>

ajkatz83:
Hello:

I have installed both the apps on my Android phone and I have been trying to control my TS-480 for sometime now, seeing that instructions were rather clear on the site, but I can get no connectivity!

I have entered in all the information accordingly into the app. I have all the port and DDNS hostname in there as well with the password, etc. and no connectivity.

I have messed around with the serial connections and still do not understand how they work. I set up COM2 to the settings I have on the radio configuration, still nothing works! Is there a serial server via ethernet or some kind of network addressing with the serial ports I need to put in my phone. The serial has never worked at all! No serial port connection has ever worked in connecting via the Internet or local here on the LAN--they simply do not talk at all!

sm2o:
You do not say anything about the most important thing. Have you connected the serial cable from Radio-RRC com2 to the Radio-CAT port ?

/mike

ajkatz83:
Yes I have and nothing comes of it neither.

sm2o:
Be sure that JMP3 is inplace inside Com2. Com2 should be set to mode 4 and to the same baudrate as the radio for example 9600 baud.

/mike

ajkatz83:
I apologize, I have it working here and it is pretty amazing! The snag I was facing, though it doesn't matter really, is that the hostname was not being resolved when I was trying to connect using my app. When I used the actual WAN address given my my ISP, then everything came to life! I noticed that behavior too, LAN side, in my office when I used the local IP rather then the DDNS, and it worked fine. I don't understand why it doesn't like the hostname (DDNS) WAN and LAN side, though I could explain the LAN side, has that ever been an issue?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version