Author Topic: Expert 2k-fa  (Read 4459 times)

w1asb

• View Profile
Expert 2k-fa
« on: 2014-10-19, 22:44:19 »
Hi
I ordered expert 1K-FA and doesn't look like I will get this soon cause factory is "bit behind" now I have a question about 2k-fa (they might have it this pa sooner)is this is fully remote pa ?can I use this amplifier from web (RC1216) or has to be serial connection from RRC, I looked already some post from 2011 and was some sort of problem .
Does anybody have experience with Acom 2000 ?
Thank you
Adam

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Expert 2k-fa
« Reply #1 on: 2014-10-19, 22:56:16 »
Hi Adam,

1K-FA: Fully controllable using the 1216 or a serial server device, such as from lantronix.

2K-FA: SPE changed the control from a true protocol to sending screen pixels over the serial port. Actually, the
first version did not even include serial control, just USB. This was due to the amount of data generated by using
this screen dump method. They added serial control after we convinced them that USB over the internet doesn't
work. This means that the 1216 as is will not work, but I am controlling a couple amps using Lantronix serial servers with
success. You need to take into account that a lot of data is being sent down the line. We are trying to convince SPE
to add a true control protocol to the 2K and 1.3K, but I still have not seen anything.

2000a: There is also a 1216 version for this amp that works great, plus it works well with serial servers. Note that I had to
change the Lantronix CPR to use "TruPort" to make it work, but it is solid if you go this route.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX