Author Topic: Compatibility  (Read 4302 times)

W8RID

• View Profile
Compatibility
« on: 2014-11-09, 00:28:41 »
I have an ERC Rotor control connected to my CDE Rotor Control box.
It is an RS232 to USB computer connection. (Rs-232 plug attached to RS-232 to USB converter)

It is working Great with Ham Radio Deluxe rotor control module.

Here come the questions:

My dad is looking at getting the RRC-1258Mklls. He lives in an apartment and has lousy reception with his long wire and screwdriver antennas.

He would like to get you product and run his radios throught my antenna system. Currently he is looking at using my vertical only.
I see that on the module that would be at my house there is a port for an RS-232 Rotor control.
He would be running Ham Radio Deluxe also with rotor control (down the road)

Can I make my ERC controller and your modules work with my Rotor Controller box?? (if it can be done). If it can how is it done?

Like I said, he is looking at using my vertical at the moment but I can see him wanting to use my beam worn the road.

Thanks for your help

Bob
W8RID
Bob
W8RID

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: 2014-11-09, 18:01:58 »
Hi

yes the ERC serial port can be transferred trough the remoterig systems. I recommend using com1 as you will  need com2 for CAT.

This issue is discussed before at the forum.

http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=1557.0

You can also use our Webswitch 1216H with adapter cabel 1216S if you want a web controlled rotator.

73 de mike

W8RID

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-11-09, 20:58:27 »
Mike:

Thanks for the info. Glad that they will work together.

Since this is my Dad's project and I have not looked at the manual, I am assuming that there is a step by step instruction telling him/me how to do this??

Thanks

Bob
W8RID
Bob
W8RID

W8RID

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-11-21, 22:34:01 »

Just confirming, Since I have my ERC set up on my rotor control box which is being controlled by HRD on my computer, my dad W8JFQ will be able to access the rotor control box through Rig control??
How does that happen when his stuff will only be connected to Rig Control and not my computer??

Bob
W8RID
Bob
W8RID

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2014-11-22, 15:24:06 »
Hi. to split the serial port to both the PC and the remote control is not that easy. Maybe you could use a relay which connect the rotator to the Remote when the Remote control is used, an output can be set to be activate when connection is up.

If you use the webswitch it has a webinterface for the rotator control which you both can use without changing any connections

http://www.remoterig.com/picturepaster/13e57b84879345ce994d22c61fac5c9f.jpg

73 de mike