Author Topic: Kenwood V71 not Txing  (Read 4922 times)

M1EMB

• View Profile
    • Email
Kenwood V71 not Txing
« on: 2014-11-15, 18:10:45 »
Hi All

Got an issue with my RR setup, I recently moved QTH in England and after several days of being off air I got everything setup back up but now my Kenwood TM- V71 is not TXing. I was supplied a new router so had to port forward again but now when I key the mic the noise silences but it doesn't PTT at either end, can recieve just fine and all fuctions work perfect just no TX.  Checked everything over but  can't see what would cause an issue like this, can only think its maybe a setting somewhere in the router or RR.

Has anyone had any issues like this before?  I also own a IC7100 thats used via RR and thats working as normal.

Thank you

Stuart

M1EMB

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kenwood V71 not Txing
« Reply #1 on: 2014-11-16, 16:23:32 »
Just checking over settings and PTT status:   ON for both sides when I key up the mic, would that maybe suggest its a connection between the radio and RR maybe, bad cable possibly?

Thanks

Stuart

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2014-11-16, 19:10:57 »
probably, or a red strap

73 de mike

M1EMB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2014-11-22, 13:56:14 »
Hi again

Just had a fellow ham take a look at my equipment and he has tested the cable to the radio with me and also checked all the straps in the radio RR and I am still getting nothing.   I am at a complete loss right now what to do next.  The radios worked perfect before I moved QTH.  PTT status is the same on both radios when I key this end but all I am getting is silence when I key the mic and no output.   As I said I port forwarded after the move but think that was all.

Hope someone has an idea

Thanks

Stuart

M1EMB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2014-11-25, 15:32:14 »
Sorry to bother you guys again but I am having no luck trying to find the problem, is there anyone would can please help me out or know of any diagnostics I can run?

Thank you

Stuart

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2014-11-25, 15:51:24 »
I think you have to bring the whole system to the same place/LAN and make some measurements.

/mike