Author Topic: Problem Reading COM port - RRC-Micro  (Read 13577 times)

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Problem Reading COM port - RRC-Micro
« Reply #15 on: 2014-11-29, 12:32:52 »
Everything is OK from Remoterig point of view, but I guess the radio is in memory mody as it answer on a frequency request with a NOAA WX frequency. But herb is not at home and can't check

/mike

HerbNZ0F

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2014-11-30, 04:59:58 »
Mitch - I would like a copy of your network checklist.  I'm still not able to receive data from the radio through the RRC-Radio.  I have confirmed that HRD works when connected directly to the radio, and I can still send CAT commands to the radio successfully through the RRC-Micro and RRC-Radio, but it is unable to read anything from the radio. 

Mike connected to the radio yesterday and was able to see data on COM2, but there were some format issues and HRD would not accept it for him. 

I'm at a loss at this point.

Thanks
Herb NZ0F

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: 2014-11-30, 12:43:38 »
Herb,

Drop my a short mail at dj0qn (at) darc.de and I will send you the list offline.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

HerbNZ0F

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2014-11-30, 16:58:37 »
Updating this thread - I got Mitch's network checklist and my setup was compliant with all his instructions.  I've also installed the RRC-Micro client on another PC with a different OS (Windows XP).  I get the same behavior on that PC, so that would seem to rule out a computer issue.  It appears that this remains a network or RRC configuration issue somewhere.

I also checked JMP3 in the RRC-Radio and it is shorted per the instructions.  I removed the short and tried it in that configuration and it made no difference.

Links to the debug log for the RRC-Micro and the setup info for the RRC-Radio are at the links below.

https://sites.google.com/site/msridekchams/file-cabinet/RRCMicro.html?attredirects=0&d=1
https://sites.google.com/site/msridekchams/file-cabinet/RRCsettings.html?attredirects=0&d=1

Thanks
Herb NZ0F

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: 2014-11-30, 17:57:19 »
Did you check if it was in memory mode ? I tried to connect now but get no answer

/mike

HerbNZ0F

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2014-11-30, 19:29:36 »
It was not in memory mode when I returned home.  I did do a hard reset on the radio just in case there was something else going on.  I have been able to connect directly to it and run HRD successfully.

When you tried to connect earlier it was powered off.  It is now on if you want to connect. 

Thanks
Herb NZ0F

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: 2014-12-01, 14:45:01 »
Finally we found what was the troubble, The parameter "UDP cmd min-data-size" was set to 50. When we set it back to 0 (= default) then it works.

73 de mike