RRC-Nano > General

Testing RRC-Nano

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jan (Microbit):
Excellent!  ;D
We also wish you and everyone else a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

dj0qn:
Glad to hear that the bugs are finally out. I wanted to test it again to see if it worked, but my server license period is up and I see now it costs 150 euros
for a license per rig, which I can't afford (especially for a software that is not finished).

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

S53K:
hi,

I have the same problem :-)

MXMAS & HNY 2015 !

Simon

Jan (Microbit):

--- Quote from: dj0qn on 2014-12-23, 23:26:32 ---Glad to hear that the bugs are finally out. I wanted to test it again to see if it worked, but my server license period is up and I see now it costs 150 euros
for a license per rig, which I can't afford (especially for a software that is not finished).

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

--- End quote ---
Is there a single software which is "bug free"?  and "finished"?  ;)

As for pricing of Apps, if one speaks in general terms, is something which is very very difficult. People seems to have become used to pay either nothing, or very little, not caring the least about the resources it takes to develop and maintain them. I have a weather app which has taken me a long time to develop and people do not even want to pay 7 SEK for it... (Of course it could be because the app is worthless, hehe, but there are users who really like it so I do not think that's the case  ;) ) One also has to balance between the estimated number of licenses sold and the price. The more specialized the app is, the lesser the estimated sold licenses will be, and so one would like a higher price per license. And yes, there is also a bigger picture of course. If one also sells other stuff, preferably hardware, which is needed for the App to work then that too has to be taken into account.

dj0qn:
Hi Jan,

my two points:

1) I agree with you about software never being finished, since I myself have been in the software business for 25 years. However,
there is a point where the software has the features that allows you to sell at value. To be quite honest, the Nano client has not
really passed the "toy" to the "useful" stage. Some key features are necessary to make it truly worthwhile to purchase, e.g. CW
support, split, profiles, etc. I really did not want to go into great details here, but I think you know what I mean.

2) I fully understand that the development costs need to be recouped, as with any software. However, you need to take into account
various economic factors, e.g. who is my customer (consumer, business) and what is the critical mass necessary. If you only sell a
handful at 150 euros, you will not break even or make a profit. But if you sell for example four times the licenses at one-third the current
price, you make a lot more money. That was just an example, it may even scale from there. That is why many companies have made a lot
of money selling cheap apps at high volumes, but of course that isn't your business model. I have used various methods to determining
pricing and don't know how you did it, but I personally do believe you will make a lot more revenue if the price is significantly dropped.
That is however just my opinion.

Thanks again for the Nano development and good luck!

Mitch DJ0QN / k7DX

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version