Author Topic: Nano for iphone users  (Read 8340 times)

w1asb

• View Profile
Nano for iphone users
« on: 2014-12-15, 23:42:58 »
Hi
Are you guys planning to have Nano for Iphone users?
Just curious
Thanks
Adam

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Nano for iphone users
« Reply #1 on: 2014-12-16, 08:51:49 »
No, There is no such plans at the moment. 85% of the smart phone market is Android so the choice is simple. IOS is also hopeless to work with, for example if you want to publish a bug fix it takes more than a week before it's out to the customers, for android it's about an hour. The only hope for IOS and Win Mobile user is that there will be good development tools available where you can compile the same code for all three plattforms att the same time. Such tools are starting to pop up now. If you do not want to convert to Android, buy a cheap Android for the Nano and use the the Iphone as hotspot.

73 de micke

w1asb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-12-17, 12:41:06 »
Hi Mike
I purchased  yesterday  7" Samsung tablet for 149 US at Best Buy took me 2 min to set up all and it's working really good thanks for good product .For how long I have it free before I have to buy licence ?
There is one more thing I would add that is split frequency .
Thanks
Merry Christmas  and Happy New Year
Adam
« Last Edit: 2014-12-17, 13:00:47 by w1asb »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2014-12-17, 13:15:45 »
Great

Trial period is one month.

The plans for the product copied from the website

Whats next ?

my ideas of further development is.

– Apps for ICOM and Yaesu, same feature as today.

– Make CW transmission possible.

– Make it possible to use VFO A/B, Split and Reverse

– More controls like RF-gain, PWR, Mic-gain, Comp, Antenna A/B etc.

Merry Christmas
de mike

SM0SHG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-12-18, 07:40:23 »
Running the "E" version, and it works great. But I do miss the TUNE button, since I only have a delta loop antenna ;)

73 de Adde

w0jay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-02-18, 19:51:13 »
I have tried the nano I version and no luck. It does say its in beta. Is there any progress on this. I can get it to connect but I dont hear any audio from rig and I have no controls other then PTT. Dont even get freq read out.

Im using the Icom 7100. Did anybody have any luck with it yet?

Jay

roland

« Reply #6 on: 2015-02-18, 19:56:11 »
@w0jay.
You must have the radio connected to RRC-Com2. Sounds like that's not the case.
I added the instructions here. Its not i Beta any more though.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-18, 20:00:39 by Roland (Microbit) »

w0jay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2015-02-18, 23:22:32 »
OK sounds good. I will test it out and report back.
Thanks
Jay

Buzz25W

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2015-03-08, 17:26:53 »
I hope you will reconsider making the app for iPhone and iPad.  You have done this for the 1216H switch and I use it quite successfully on both Apple devices. I am am sure there is a large community of potential users for the IOS app not only in the US, but elsewhere.  15% of a huge number is a huge number.

Also, I am a (happy) K3/0 mini to K3/100 remote via intent user with RemoteRig. I use a single wire antenna for all bands and all segments of each band using the ATU in the K3/100. The ability to turn on (push and hold the button) and adjust (tap the button for best match) the ATU with the app is essential; without that I could not use the app   -----  Buzz, W3EMD

wv9l

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: 2015-06-17, 22:01:42 »
i agree with Buzz25W......the market share for iOS is growing. They now hold a 42% share of the smartphones owned in the U.S. vs Androids 52% cut, and Apple is closing that gap a little more each year. I think i can speak for a lot of hams, in saying that we would love the capability of using our iOS devices to run remotely. I used CommCat for a few years with my iphone and ipad, and then changed my setup after finding your product. No regrets!! However i run my logging program on my iOS devices and am in a holding pattern to see if i need to wait for development on the NANO app for iOS or go thru converting my loggin over to iOS. I hate to convert all of my apps if there is possibility of development in near future.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: 2015-06-18, 09:55:21 »
There is however one big difference between Android and iOS in that Android allows far more customization than iOS does. And as far as we know iOS simply does not permit us to do what has to be done in order to make apps that works with the RRC. The Webswitch app on the other hand is available for not only Android, but also for iOS and Windows Phone due to its far less needs for "out-of-the-box" functions.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-18, 09:59:45 by Jan (Microbit) »
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.