Author Topic: Remote Rig Winkeyer and N1MMPlus  (Read 39642 times)

K3TN

• View Profile
Re: Remote Rig Winkeyer and N1MMPlus
« Reply #45 on: 2015-02-16, 21:35:32 »
I ran it the new load constantly over the weekend during the CQ WPX RTTY, but mostly running N1MM classic and no CW. No problems. Outside of the contest, I ran N1MM+ on the new firmware and had no problems but not exhaustive testing by any means.

K3TN

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2015-02-17, 22:49:58 »
Running the latest beta firmware, using N1MM Classic, I seem to have FKey problems. Works fine now with N1MM+ but N1MM Classic has some issues with the new load.

When sending CW using Fkeys, all will go well for a while and then Fkeys will stop working. Hitting the paddle to send a dit will cause the unsent Fkey messages to all of a sudden be sent.

It sort of seems like the Winkey handling for N1MM+ has caused the issue to happen with Classic.

I have to run old N1MM Classic for multi-op setup at K4VV, so maybe I should revert back to 2.84 for that operation?

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: 2015-02-18, 07:58:18 »
Running the latest beta firmware, using N1MM Classic, I seem to have FKey problems. Works fine now with N1MM+ but N1MM Classic has some issues with the new load.

When sending CW using Fkeys, all will go well for a while and then Fkeys will stop working. Hitting the paddle to send a dit will cause the unsent Fkey messages to all of a sudden be sent.

It sort of seems like the Winkey handling for N1MM+ has caused the issue to happen with Classic.

I have to run old N1MM Classic for multi-op setup at K4VV, so maybe I should revert back to 2.84 for that operation?
I do not like things to be like that, i.e having to use an older FW version to get N1MM Classic to work. But I will not be able to debug the issue unless you help me with as detailed instructions as possible how to reproduce it. (Remember that I know very little about how to use programs like N1MM!  ;) )
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

K3TN

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2015-02-18, 12:00:24 »
Thanks, Jan - OK, here's how I can reproduce the problem:

Running N1MM "Classic" (the old version, last one issued) in Enter Sends Message Mode.

Fkeys are set up in the typical contest fashon: F1 is CQ, F2 is Exchange, F3 is TU

Call CQ by hitting F1. Enter a call sign hit Enter - exchange in F2 is sent.

Enter the other stations exchange, hit Enter - TU K3TN is sent (or whatever you have in F3)

Repeat, now either just by entering call signs as if someone came back to your TU, or hitting Enter again to send a CQ.

After a few "QSOs" when  you hit Enter, nothing gets sent. If you then tap a dit on the paddle, the dit gets sent *and* then the Fkey message that should have gone out when  you hit Enter. If, as often happens, I hit Enter twice or tried another Fkey to see if it would work before hitting the paddle, all of the unsent messages are sent once you hit the paddle.

I did not see this behavior in the WPX RTTY contest last week, using same version of N1MM Classic and the new firmware. But that was RTTY, and had COM3 set up for FSK. I switched it back to Winkey mode - I don't think I changed anything else - or is there something I may have done going CW to FSK and back over COM3? I didn't see anything.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: 2015-02-26, 16:09:09 »
Got time to have another attempt at looking at this, but I must fail setting up N1MM as nothing at all is sent when I follow your instructions  ;) The only Winkeyer commands that N1MM issues are PTT ON/OFF(besides a bunch of setup commands when starting it).
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

K3TN

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2015-02-26, 16:20:53 »
Thanks, Jan - per the other thread on COM0 RTS/CTS, the problem seems to have gone away after I changed COM0 RTS/CTS to OFF. Not sure what your setting for that was in this test.

Is there a use case where I would need COM0 RTS/CTS to be ON?

Thanks, John K3TN

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: 2015-02-27, 11:39:00 »
The only application Im aware of so far is if you want to control a Expert 1K-FA PA over com1, then the RTS is used by the PC-software to power on the PA.

73 de mike

K3TN

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2015-02-27, 13:35:34 »
Thanks - that is definitely not the case for me, so I will make sure that setting stays off as it seems to cause me problems.