Author Topic: RRCMicro Trial period...  (Read 4556 times)

dl6dh

• View Profile
RRCMicro Trial period...
« on: 2015-02-01, 12:06:34 »
Hi,

I am trying to get my RRCMicro remote setup running.
I installed a few months ago the RRCMicro client software and I got a connection to my RRC1258. Later I bought the 1274A but my "software trial period" is over.
Ok, by plugging in the dongle, and after the typical windows usb sound I am getting a few new sound devices, they are working fine (tested). But my trial period is still remaining outdated…

I deinstalled the software completely (hopefully) and tried the new version 1.7. Nothing changed… I have attached a picture of the device manager. System is Windows 8.1 64 bit. I tried to get a working setup on another pc, also with Windows 8.1. Here I do not have any trial period problems, but there is only listening supported, for my understanding, the dongle is not working correctly.

Does one of you have an idea to get it running or should I consider the dongle as broken?

BR Henning

dl6dh

• View Profile
Re: RRCMicro Trial period...
« Reply #1 on: 2015-02-01, 12:28:47 »
Hi again,

I just made another test on the second pc. The software is showing itself as a trial version, but I can send CW signals (the test went out...)
See picture. So I guess it must be an software problem...

BR Henning

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-02-01, 14:58:08 »
The dongle is not identifying itself correct to Windows, that's why it does not work. Maybe we can fix it without changing the hardware. I have to talk to the software guys tomorrow.

73 de mike

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-02-03, 09:00:36 »
we will replace the unit, that's the easiest, send an email so we can confirm the address ?

73 de mike

dl6dh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-02-12, 07:47:49 »
I got as promised a new unit. And it works as expected.
Thank you Mike for the quick and competent service!

73 Henning