Author Topic: N1MM Classic and Winkey emulator  (Read 5294 times)

N4RA

• View Profile
N1MM Classic and Winkey emulator
« on: 2015-02-06, 02:15:31 »
Thanks for all the help getting me over the basic remote setup with my K3/K3-mini.  I have the CAT(N1MM classic) working now and the winkey emulator is almost working.  I have two questions regarding the N1MM-Winkey interface. 

First, the speed control in N1MM doesn't change the winkey speed.  Is it supposed to?  The RRC CW speed control works fine.  The CW is good, but not perfect.  I'll tune the timing parameters after I transition the K3 to the remote QTH.

Second, N1MM does not reset after a memory message is sent.  The red "xmit" indicator stays on and another message cannot be sent.  ESC will reset it and permit another message.  I've seen a similar problem recently on the forum with N1MM+.  I haven't upgraded to N1MM+ yet to avoid that set of potential unknowns.  Any suggestions?

Dick N4RA

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: N1MM Classic and Winkey emulator
« Reply #1 on: 2015-02-06, 14:14:56 »
Take a look at this thread as I think it applies to your case:

http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=3172.0
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

N4RA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-02-06, 16:38:53 »
Thanks, Jan.  I had read that thread but thought that upgrade was specific to N1MM+.  I upgraded the firmware and the N1MM resets OK after transmitting the message. :)

Can you comment on the N1MM keyer speed control?  That is still inoperative.  There is an N1MM parameter to "ignore winkey speed pot".  That has no affect on the problem

Thanks,
Dick

N4RA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-02-06, 21:10:40 »
Jan,

I've been following your parallel discussions regarding similar problem with N1NN+.  I upgraded to 2.85 beta version and the speed control works for me now.  Great work.

Thanks.
Dick