Author Topic: Do I have dual receive? Do I need it? Maybe it isn't a config problem?  (Read 3662 times)

WO7R

• View Profile
In this thread:

http://www.remoterig.com/forum/index.php?topic=3294.0

I suggested I need to do some sort of re-wiring of the jumpers or maybe a configuration change to achieve stereo.  Now I wonder if I really need "dual receive".  Looking at my orders from Ham Radio Outlet, it appears likely that I was supposed to receive a dual receive capable unit, though it is hard to tell from the description or even looking at pictures. 

My "web" display for my Control side also is slightly different than the manual.  It does show a "left/right channel swap" under the radio controls, but not any other indication that "stereo" or "dual receive" or whatever it should be called is supported.  Or that it can be set under, say "audio quality".

In a "bad news" kind of deal, it does say MkII 1258 on the device and not MKII 1285s (though the purchase says 1258s) so maybe there is no stereo or dual receive in what I purchased or at least what I received.

Anyone know how this plays out?
« Last Edit: 2015-02-05, 08:08:33 by WO7R »

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email

WO7R

• View Profile
Thanks, Mitch.  It does appear I have the "s" unit after all.

But, that still doesn't explain how I get stereo and/or dual receive capability.

What I have can best be described as dual VFOs.  In software, I can "throw" the output of either VFO into any combination of left and right with a slider.

How do I get that functionality replicated in the Mk1258IIs ?  How, in other words, do I get both channels (L and R) delivered?

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
It must be enabled on the radio RRC under radio settings "Audio dual-rx" must be set to YES.

Then it is automatic from the control side.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX