Author Topic: Control Unit Continously Resetting - Bad Power Supply?  (Read 3477 times)

troynm

• View Profile
The control unit at my apartment started a weird problem. With the TS-480 turned off the Remoterig control unit it would start to cycle. Green light would flash, then the red and yellow lights at the mic connector would flash, then it would repeat continuously. I unplugged the cable going to the radio control head and it would stabilize. Finally it would continuously cycle with everything but the power unplugged. I tried a different power supply and everything works fine.

The other power supply has a 3 amp rating so I am hoping that something in the control unit is not going out and requiring more current to function. I ordered a new power supply from HRO and it should be here next week. I didn't measure the voltage on the old power supply to see if it dropped significantly when plugged in. If the new power supply doesn't work I will do some additional investigation. I've been busy at work and working over the last 3 weekends so haven't had a chance to really troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,
Tom

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Control Unit Continously Resetting - Bad Power Supply?
« Reply #1 on: 2015-02-09, 08:37:33 »
Keep us updated!
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

KB5PQL

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Control Unit Continously Resetting - Bad Power Supply?
« Reply #2 on: 2015-02-23, 02:42:35 »
This has happened to me too albeit at random.  The remote rig on mine is tied to a 10amp power strip so I don't think it's a low power supply issue.  Let us know what you find. Good luck!