Author Topic: K3 Mini - Has anyone gotten it to work connecting headset to Mini vs. RRC?  (Read 4210 times)

K3TN

• View Profile
I've got a K3/Mini running, remotely operating a K3 - but I have two major audio problems if I use the K3 Mini cable to connect the Mini to the RRC, and then plug my Heil headset into the mini:

1. Headphone audio is down 20 db compared to plugging headphone into the RRC.
2. On xmit, horrendous hum on the xmit audio - which goes away if I plug the mic directly into the RRC.

Elecraft has sent me a new I/O board for the Mini, I will see if that fixes the problem - but others have had the problem and the I/O board did not fix.

Is anyone out there seeing success plugging a headset into the Mini, either using the 8 pin circular connector and the 1/4 phone jack on the front panel, or using the side min phonos?

73 John K3TN

k6ufo

• View Profile
    • Email
My K3/0-Mini works great with a Yamaha CM500 headset. Good audio on transmit and receive. Maybe it's the Heil microphone is a low level dynamic instead of a high-level electret?

K3TN

• View Profile
It shouldn't be the dynamic vs. electret thing, as the same headset works FB directly connected to the K3 and also works FB now when connected to the Control RRC vs the Mini!

How do you connect the CM500 to your Mini? Are you using the front panel circular connector and headphone jack?

k6ufo

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi John, I use the side jacks on the K3/0-Mini. I don't have a mic with circular connector. K6UFO