Author Topic: Webswitch 1216H: Device disconnected  (Read 8471 times)

DL5CW

• View Profile
    • Email
Webswitch 1216H: Device disconnected
« on: 2015-02-14, 20:16:49 »
Hello,

just tried to reconfigure my Webswitch 1216H via USB. My Computer doesn't find the
Webswitch. In the Setup Manager I always read"Device disconnected".

Power Supply is ok, USB cable is ok and with a RC-1216H or the RRC 1258 MK II everything
is fine with my USB and the Setup Manager.

Is the Webswitch really defect? :-(

Or is there a special trick?

Andy, DL5CW

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Webswitch 1216H: Device disconnected
« Reply #1 on: 2015-02-14, 23:31:59 »
Does "reconfigure" mean that it has worked before? (By USB and/or network)

Which program version is in the Webswitch? Have you checked Device Manager in the PC to see if a HID device is added when you connect the Webswitch to the PC(by USB)?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

DL5CW

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-02-26, 12:32:14 »
Hi,

sorry for the delay. The problem is - the computer doesn't find the webswitch as a new USB device.
There is not a problem with all other remoterig devices, like RRC-1258 MK II or RC-1216H.
When I tried it last time (one or two years ago) it was not a Problem to reach the switch via USB.
Because it was such a Long time ago, I don't know the firmware Version either the actual IP address of the switch.

Is there the possibility for a "factory reset" ?

73!

Andy, DL5CW

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-02-26, 14:00:46 »
Hi,

sorry for the delay. The problem is - the computer doesn't find the webswitch as a new USB device.
There is not a problem with all other remoterig devices, like RRC-1258 MK II or RC-1216H.
When I tried it last time (one or two years ago) it was not a Problem to reach the switch via USB.
Because it was such a Long time ago, I don't know the firmware Version either the actual IP address of the switch.

Is there the possibility for a "factory reset" ?

73!
Andy, DL5CW
I see. Hmm.. Then the WS could be running a rather old firmware version, one that might have USB related bugs which might cause what you see. It could work if you have access to a slow(older) computer as the faster(newer) ones more often cause problems like that. Or it could work putting an USB hub between the WS and the computer.

To do a "factory reset" USB would have to work as that's done using the Setup Manager program.

DL5CW

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2015-03-03, 11:25:04 »
... I tried it again with old and very old computers: no chance to get a connection via USB.

I think, I will give up now. It's a pity. The Webswitch was not so cheap, but thanks for trying to help me.

73! Andy, DL5CW

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2015-03-03, 11:28:59 »
... I tried it again with old and very old computers: no chance to get a connection via USB.

I think, I will give up now. It's a pity. The Webswitch was not so cheap, but thanks for trying to help me.

73! Andy, DL5CW
Strange! When the WS has power, does the green LED beside the USB connector blink with approx 1 sec interval?

W5RF

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-09-08, 02:00:16 »
I set up my webswitch with microbit, and usb cable and it works fine; on the loacl network, it works fine, but now that I am 100 miles away, trying to access it with http/// cannot get in. I have a static i.p so I tried http://[staticip:81]/relaycontrol/off/all and nothing happens. I DID do port forwarding of my IP for the web switch 192.168.1.142 for the switch.... suggestions?
bobf W5RF

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2015-09-08, 08:09:50 »
I assume you also have tried http://[staticip:81]/ ? Does the WS have port 81 on the local network too? (=You access it using http://192.168.1.142:81 on the local network)