Author Topic: remoterig out of service  (Read 4568 times)

w1asb

• View Profile
remoterig out of service
« on: 2015-02-23, 04:47:24 »
Hi
Did anybody had problem connecting to RRC Friday night around 23:50 Utc cause remoterig dns seems to be down for some reason along with website just before ARRL CW contest crashed and was back to normal Saturday ?
thanks
Adam

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: remoterig out of service
« Reply #1 on: 2015-02-23, 07:07:43 »
We have not had any problem with the servers. There are two independent servers 1000 km apart. There was a report of problem on Saturday morning caused by the major Internet provider in Sweden, may be they had some trouble on friday night also.

Remeber that the remoterig ddns is a free service with no functional guarantee at all. If 100% functionality is needed I recommend to use two independent ddns systems.

73 de mike

g4swx

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-02-25, 15:03:15 »
I had problems last Friday, 20th Feb. I was giving a talk and demonstration of remote amateur radio operation at a radio club in NE London. I do not use Remote Rig dynamic DNS as I have fixed IPs on my station and standby route (separate ADSL provider with a radio link onto the radio site).

My problem is that the webpage from the RC-1216H that I use with an Acom 2000A linear would not load properly from about 19:30 to 21:30 UTC.  :(  :(  :(
This occured on Internet service from two different 3G providers and different DNS services and confused me. The next morning all was well.

With the RC-1212H Acom amplifier pages the browser loads a script from www.remoterig.com/1216H/acom/ This was missing and therefore I could not demonstrate the remote use of the Acom linear!

The RemoteRig site was clearly unavailable on the Internet ???  ??? !!!
I am unsure as to how to host the script myself?

John G4SWX

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-02-25, 16:15:31 »
With the RC-1212H Acom amplifier pages the browser loads a script from www.remoterig.com/1216H/acom/ This was missing and therefore I could not demonstrate the remote use of the Acom linear!

The RemoteRig site was clearly unavailable on the Internet ???  ??? !!!
I am unsure as to how to host the script myself?

John G4SWX
To host the script etc yourself you would need access to a web server and put the files/directories found here:

www.remoterig.com/downloads/scripts/acom.zip

retaining the directory structure.

Then you change the URL in the settings to point to that site/place.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

VE3VEE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2015-02-26, 14:08:35 »
Sorry I'm late to this conversation, but I experienced the downtime last Friday, too. I was unable to start my TCVR the entire evening (my local time). It started to work on Saturday morning. My TCVR / RemoteRig setup used RemoteRig's DNS. During the downtime I was able to rotate my antenna. My rotator and also my Watt/SWR meter both use Lantronix serial server and my own static IP. (I've set my RemoteRig to use my own static IP since this incident.)

73 Marvin VE3VEE