Author Topic: Expert virtual com port  (Read 5090 times)

w1asb

• View Profile
Expert virtual com port
« on: 2015-03-10, 14:52:02 »
Hi
I recently change hard drive in my computer and now I don't see virtual usb port for Expert, I've been using parallel Expert software with Web switch ,is there are another way to install virtual com port without physical connection with RH1216 just wondering?
Thanks
Adam

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Expert virtual com port
« Reply #1 on: 2015-03-11, 08:44:27 »
I assume that you are talking about the virtual com ports you created using the Setup Manager program? If so then you do not need a physical connection to the RC-1216H, just run Setup Manager and create the ports there.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

w1asb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-03-11, 12:51:20 »
I removed all hidden usb ports from device manager and setup all new now I do see virtual port com2 I initialize start up with expert software but in status (Microbit setup) it says connecting and such connection never has been made I'm sure that port for remoterig ip is correct cause I see that port under my web switch ,any idea what  might be the problem
thanks
Adam

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-03-11, 14:08:46 »
Status "connecting" in the Setup Manager program means that the virtual com port's PC driver is trying to connect to the RC-1216H. If "Remote serial TCP port" under "Serial settings" in the RC-1216H is the same as the port entered in Setup Manager, as well as the IP address/host name being correct, then there is something stopping the PC from being able to connect to the RC-1216H. Is the RC-1216H behind a firewall? If so, have you forwarded the port to the RC-1216H?

w1asb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-03-11, 15:09:48 »
TCP port was forwarded on remote router and this setup it is working ok with another computer and I'm trying setup my laptop where I replace new hard drive under hidden usb ports I saw previous virtual usb port thats why I removed all and reinstall all ports including Rrc now I see rrc ports and virtual port com2 for expert but something I guess it's blocking do you think firewall in my laptop ?
Thanks
Adam

w1asb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-03-11, 19:24:55 »
Update: ok I just figure now that in manual IP/host name starts without http:// and this was the problem after I removed created port and reinstall back with "Host Name" only all working. I went easy way and copy from browser and this was my mistake .
Thanks

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2015-03-12, 07:33:36 »
Yes, http:// is only used when accessing web pages and is not part of a host name  8)