Author Topic: RemoteRig with an IC-751A  (Read 3747 times)

VE6AMR

• View Profile
RemoteRig with an IC-751A
« on: 2015-03-19, 06:35:27 »
I have an ICOM IC-751A without the Icom interface board which no longer seems to be available for it.  I can however get the PIEXX equivalent board but I do not believe that with the IC-751A all the RemoteRig needed functions will be available.  Has anyone used a IC-751A with the RRC 1258 interface?  Due to a family situation I can no longer set up a station at the home QTH but may be able to find a location for a remote operation nearby.  I am on a fixed income and cannot afford to by newer more compatible equipment.

Ted VE6AMR

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: RemoteRig with an IC-751A
« Reply #1 on: 2015-03-19, 09:23:28 »
Hi I think the remote control functions in the IC-751 is extremly limited. With this kind of radios I always recommend to test with HamRadioDeLuxe connected direct to the radio to check if you are satisfied with the remote control functions. In this case I do not think you will be. A used IC-706 or TS-480 is a better choice for about the same money.

73 de mike

VE6AMR

• View Profile
Re: RemoteRig with an IC-751A
« Reply #2 on: 2015-03-19, 17:01:02 »
That is what I was thinking Mike!  I have no money to spend on new equipment anyway; even the remoterig interface would mean saving up and going without for a couple of years.  Looks like I'm just have to sell what equipment I do have and forget Ham Radio.

Ted