Author Topic: Low Audio in DM780  (Read 4554 times)

troynm

• View Profile
Low Audio in DM780
« on: 2015-03-22, 22:03:26 »
I received my RRC-Micro client and got the dongle installed. Everything seems to be working although I haven't tried to transmit yet. Volume level is good in the micro-client and HRD, but in DM780 there is barely enough audio to drive the waterfall and reception.

I have all the volume levels at screaming levels and I only get about 2-3% signal level in DM-780 and that is only when I plug in an external speaker to the laptop and tell Windows 8 to listen to that port and set DM780 to use that port otherwise DM-780 is not getting anything.

I tried using both the microbit microphone and speakers and the laptop onboard soundcard microphone and speakers and always have sound everywhere, except in DM780. When I change microphone and speakers I always go through and match the RRC-micro client, HRD and DM780.

Everything works fine on my desktop PC running the same version of HRD and DM780 running through my regular Remote Rig control boxes.

There are way too many soundcard configuration options these days and I may be missing something.

troynm

• View Profile
Re: Low Audio in DM780
« Reply #1 on: 2015-03-22, 23:20:39 »
I down loaded the virtual cable mentioned in another thread and installed that. It's at http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm

DM780 had audio! No system audio to monitor! I went into windows setup and told it to listen to this device and everything is good. I haven't tried transmit yet on digital or voice modes. I have a feeling I will have problems there.