Author Topic: New router, no audio TS-480  (Read 6835 times)

ea7rm

• View Profile
    • Email
New router, no audio TS-480
« on: 2015-03-25, 11:21:06 »
Hola to all,

I just changed to a new router at control side in the same net i have been using lately, made all the initials settings configuration as always i made before in others routers, but with this one i have no audio into my TS-480.

I have read the forum and i tried to change sip port with no success.

Firmware is updated to last version

This is what appear at status RRC control.

Any idea  ?

Thanks in advance, 73s, Nino, EA7RM

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: New router, no audio TS-480
« Reply #1 on: 2015-03-25, 12:30:24 »
There are three possibilities:

1) Port 5060 is blocked for VoIP, change it to something else.

2) The RRC is set for a fixed internal IP number, change either to the new subnet or zo DHCP (the external IP number shown shows this as the likely problem)

3) SIP ALG is turned-on in the new router.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

ea7rm

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-03-26, 13:16:34 »
Hi Mitch,

Thanks for answering. Still not working with the new router.

1) Changed to several different SIP ports, 1300, 5050 ... no audio when powered on the radio.
2) Donīt know what you mean exactly here, but configured with setup manager wihout success. BTW new router is in the same net, with same IP as have benn working for years with another router.
3) Havenīt found any SIP ALG setting, been looking around inside router confi aswell reading all the manual.

Still looking for any solution.

Thanks, 73s, Nino
EA7RM

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-03-26, 13:42:54 »
Hi Nino,

The problem is obviously with the network connection....your status shows an external IP number of
192.168.16.135, which does not make sense. What is it showing as its own IP number? That would
help figure this out.

Now two questions for clarification, because I was making assumptions and want to verify:
1) Confirm if is this being tried from outside of the radio RRC's network over the internet and what kind
of service provider you are using on each side (e.g. DSL, 4G, etc.)
2) Confirm if the status you posted is from the control or radio RRC . If radio RRC, then I know what
the problem is. If from the control side (which I previously assumed), then we need some more digging.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

ea7rm

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2015-03-26, 14:05:04 »
Hola again

1) Itīs all the same as have been working, just changed one router from another one ( older ) but in the same location ( same Net ). If i connect the older router the system works ok, then if a changed to the new router i can power on the radio but without audio.
Iīm using DSL, Movistar provider , router is a Home Station ADSL BHS-RTA.

2) the status i posted is from control RRC side . I have no changed any at Radio side.

I can browse the control RRC entering 192.168.1.227 at my web browser, so internal IP seems to be ok.

Thanks for your help Mitch !

73s, Nino
EA7RM

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2015-03-26, 14:11:58 »
Your status dump shows that the RTP/audio UDP data stream has stalled = no audio, but possible to connect and control the radio. Possible reasons could be something blocking the audio UDP port from reaching the radio RRC.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2015-03-26, 14:14:28 »
Then we have the problem, Nino. The subnet of your RRC is 192.168.1.X and the status is showing an
external IP number for the 192.168.16.XX subnet. You need to go into your router and see how the DHCP
server is set and make 1000% sure that the RRC has DHCP turned on. There is a discrepancy between the
two that is hard to diagnose from here. I can maybe take a look at your router using Teamviewer, but I am
now on a train on the way home to Munich and an flying again tomorrow for the weekend, so I don't know
when I can take a look myself. You can e-mail me directly at dj0qn (at) darc.de and we can figure this out
without bothering the forum.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

ea7rm

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2015-03-26, 15:04:54 »
Hola

Just fixed the problem, after Mitch hint i looked around the internet setting in the router and founded that  this option " Configure the second IP Address and Subnet Mask for LAN " was activated, so i tried to uncheck and now i have audio and itīs working as always.

Thanks you for your help, very apreciate

73s, Nino
EA7RM