Author Topic: RRC Micro and Remote HAM Radio service for digimodes  (Read 7463 times)

DL9DAK|N9DAK

• View Profile
Hello, has anyone checked if the RRC Micro is working with Remote HAM Radio service? If so what parameters should be used in the program settings. A screen snapshot would be helpfull. I think I have to set the IP for local host 127.0.0.1 but what's about the other settings?

I am not shure if I should buy the RRC Micro because I do not know if it works with Remote HAM Radio serivce. I will use digimodes with a PC. So for me it doesn't make really sense  to work buy a RRC hardware and K3 remote and a digi mode audio interface because the PC can do all the jobs ...

So if there is any experience with RRC micro and Remote HAM Radio please let me know ...

regards
Peter
DL9DAK | KD2IAY

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: RRC Micro and Remote HAM Radio service for digimodes
« Reply #1 on: 2015-03-27, 16:13:33 »
Peter,

I suggest you ask RHR at their web site. They have their own support.

There may be an issue, since the SIP password is dynamically generated.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

DL9DAK|N9DAK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-03-31, 11:05:44 »
@ DJ0QN | K7DX Mitch:

Hello Mitch, I send a request to RHR but no reply until now but the crew was on a convention at the weekend so hopefully there will be an answer in one of the next days.

Thanks for information about the issue about the SIP password. RHR told me that a K3/0 mini remote and a RRC1258MkII will work with the RHR system. Is there anything different in terms of assigning the SIP password between the hardware solution and the RRC Micro software??

regards
Peter
DL9DAK | N9DAK

P.S.: I think we will see us on the 19th of April in Vaterstetten ...

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-03-31, 16:22:12 »
Yes, Peter, the Nano works very differently. You of course can assign a SIP password, but the method
they use is to reprogram your RRC for every connect. That is why I doubt it will work.

73;
Mitch DJ0QN 7 K7DX

DL9DAK|N9DAK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-04-01, 09:39:19 »
Hello Mitch,

OK I understand. So seems to be the only solution for RHR is the use of the 1258MK2 and a K3/0 mini remote and an audio/PTT interface. First of all I thought there is a more inexpensive way for digimodes ...

Peter

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2015-04-01, 09:58:03 »
Peter,

Wait first for their answer, but that my assumption. If you need me to ask for you, let me know. I know the RHR guys well.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

DL9DAK|N9DAK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-04-06, 11:54:00 »
Hello Mitch,
I had sent an email to Lee app. 2 weeks ego. So I will still waiting for a few days and I there is no reply I try will again. He replied to me with a hardware list neccessary for RHR remote controlling but not replying on the question about the Micro software solution.

regards
Peter
DL9DAK | N9DAK

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2015-04-06, 12:09:58 »
Hi Peter,

Ok, I will ask Lee or Rockwell (the developer) myself.

Mitch DJ0QN / k7DX

DL9DAK|N9DAK

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2015-04-06, 16:45:47 »
Hi Mitch - thanks for the support
great ...
So I will be waiting for your answer befoe contacting RHR again.

Peter
DL9DAK | N9DAK

DL9DAK|N9DAK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2015-04-28, 10:28:00 »
Hello, so I got a reply from RHR that the RRC Micro software does not work with RHR.
@Mitch: so you are absolutly right - thanks for your support!

But now an app for the Chrome browser is available for RHR as and this works - not perfecly (it is just a early beta and still in development ...) but seems to be a good alternative. You can use K3 remote functionality and also PTT CAT. Try it it with FL digi 6 fl remote but this is not the right place to discuss.

May be I have to move to an hardware solution with the 1258MII because of the better quality of the audio codec compared to the codec implemented in RHR web interface but we will see.

So I think I will close this discussion here and start a new one about the audio codec quality of the 1258MKII in another section of this forum ...

regards
Peter

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: 2015-04-28, 12:06:10 »
Hi Peter,

I exchanged some notes back and forth with the developer, who was previously unaware of the RRC
Micro. I am glad they finally got back directly to you.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX