Author Topic: Need to cycle the config on K30 to force the remote K3 into the term mode  (Read 5238 times)

ae3t

• View Profile
    • Email
When starting up the linkage to my remote K3 with my K30 from a remote location, the K3 will start up and the audio comes through the K30 but I have no control of the remote K3 unless I do the following:

I must push and hold the K30 config button for 5 seconds two times to force the remote K3 into the term mode to allow lonkage of control between the K3 and K30. After I do this, everything works fine. I had the tech at elecraft take control of my K3 as well and they had the same issue. I am running the same latest firmware V 2.85 on both RRC units and the configuration of both RRC's is correct and the ports and audio settings do match up.

The tech at elecraft told me the the remote RRC at my K3 should be sending a command to my K3 to put it into the correct remote operating mode but this is not occuring and I have to manualy force it into communicating with my K30.

Any ideas on a solutionfrom other users who have had this issue?

Thanks,
Howard AE3T

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Howard,

You need the latest firmware on both sides for the K3 and the K3/0 mini. This is likely a K3 firmware problem and not RemoteRig related.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

ae3t

• View Profile
    • Email
Mitch,

I have updated my K30 mini fw to the same as I run in my K3 5.14 and I still have the issue of having to cycle the config button to term/norm 2 times to link the units.

ae3t

• View Profile
    • Email
There are times when I just have to wait about 30 seconds and the K30 and K3 will link. Other times I have to cycle the term/norm 2 times to force a link.

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Sorry, I am behind on my mails, due to an operation I couldn't do much of anything.

It doesn't really make sense what you are writing, because the K3/0 should never need to be placed into terminal mode
manually. Something somewhere may be wrong with the settings. If you mail my the HTML file of each RRC, I can see
if there is a mistake in one of them. Otherwise, Brandon at Elecraft may be able to see if he can figure it out.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

ae3t

• View Profile
    • Email
Mitch,

I sent you an email with attachments of the config of both RRC's. Please contact me off list after you have an opportunity to review the files and we can discuss it.

Thanks,
Howard AE3T

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Hi Howard,

I found your mail in my spam folder. I probably won't have time to look at it today, but will have
more time on Friday.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX