Author Topic: Connection intermittent  (Read 4213 times)

wa0ojs

• View Profile
    • Email
Connection intermittent
« on: 2010-08-22, 19:30:26 »
Connection very intermittent.  Works occasionally but for about 2 hours at a time.  Have both in DMZ, GUI shows SIP errors on radio end.  Changed SIP port to 5005 as well as have tried others with same problem.

Comcast cable service on both ends.   

Thanks
Ron

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Connection intermittent
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-22, 21:29:55 »
Hi

Use a PC-program like Ping plotter standard to examine your internet connection.
The Remoterig boxes does not disconnect as long as the Internet connection is up

73 de mike

wa0ojs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2010-08-30, 02:57:29 »
Still no luck maintaining a connection.  It works sometimes for several hours and then it dies and may not come back on all day.  It shows SIP errors on the radio end.  I have tried several different ports and have both units on the dmz at present.  We have had 2 other remote hf operations between these to locals and this is the first time we are unable to maintain a connection.  I have tried different data and command ports also to no avail.  I can log into his control box from here but he can't get it to turn on.  It might click and a short burst of noise and then it goes dark and that is it for usually several hours. The idea the if the internet is up it works isn't working here.  The internet is working very well, but the remoterigs aren't. 

They are definitely not worth the money as they exist currently.

Any Ideas?

Ron

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2010-08-30, 08:57:14 »
If they works on a local LAN the RRC-boxes are OK, they don't see any difference between LAN or Internet. Then the problem is a router/internet issue. Always update to the latest firmware in the routers, lot of routers are sent out with bad firmwares. (specially D-link). But if you don't believe in the system, send them back and you get your money back, I haven't heard anybody else given up before.

73 de mike