Author Topic: Pulsing audio and connection with K3/K0 setup  (Read 3564 times)

WI4T

• View Profile
Pulsing audio and connection with K3/K0 setup
« on: 2015-05-22, 13:44:11 »
Hi, I have a K3 remote radio and a K0 control head.  (Remote = where radio with antenna is at)

The setup was working flawless for 2 weeks.  About 1 week ago, when I turned on the control K0, upon connection, the audio was blaring and I really could not control the audio or radio well.  In addition the connection seemed to be pulsating at a random pattern.  For example, last night a station was +30 over S9:  the audio would drop to zero at different intervals such as 1 sec, 3 seconds, 5 seconds all randomly but making the ability to follow the conversation impossible.  In addition, this “pulsing” also affected my ability to tune; when I heard audio I could tune but when the audio dropped out it is as though I lost connection for a second and I could not tune despite turning the knob.

At the control K0 end the status shows the radio is connected.  At the remote radio end it status says the radio is disconnected even though it is not.  In addition at the control K0 end the router shows amber not green.

I am wondering if there is a known technical issue or perhaps somebody moved the cables on the radio end and I have an intermittent connection (hoping for technical as I don't want to make the trip back!)

I have reset the main routers at both homes.  I have also reset the RemoteRigs at both ends multiple times.
It is odd that it worked flawless for 2 weeks and now, every time, it has a pulsating connection.

Any advice would be helpful.
Greg – WI4T
« Last Edit: 2015-05-23, 01:31:41 by WI4T »

WI4T

• View Profile
Re: Pulsing audio and connection with K3/K0 setup
« Reply #1 on: 2015-05-24, 02:49:32 »
I thought I would update people with what I found.

I went to the Radio site.  I found that one of the Ethernet cables was bad and I also had to reset the router from the router, not via online reset.  I am not sure which caused it but I am fairly certain it was the Ethernet cable.

Greg

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pulsing audio and connection with K3/K0 setup
« Reply #2 on: 2015-05-25, 09:07:26 »
Thank you for the update! It's good to hear a "happy ending" too!  8)
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.