Author Topic: wrong firmware in the Webswitch  (Read 2810 times)

K1UO - Larry

• View Profile
    • Email
wrong firmware in the Webswitch
« on: 2015-05-19, 21:27:36 »
I ordered a new Webswitch early this year and just got around to taking it off the shelf and trying it locally here on the LAN before moving it to the remote site.  Somehow in my bumbling I have managed to load the wrong firmware into the  Webswitch 1216H unit.  I connected it to the usb ok and can access the switch via the Microbit Setup Manager and I get a "device connected" notification but the FW/HW version is indicating the version which is in my local RRC control unit.  I disconnected the RRC and just tried connecting the Webswitch to the router but the router is not recognizing it.
I tried an advanced reset of the Webswitch to default values but it comes up and asks me if I want to set default settings in the RRC!.  Also when I ask for the HW/FW version from the unit it comes back with  Ver: 007,  Firmware 2.84, Bootloader 1.10 and HW 008.

I tried just loading the new Webswitch 1216H ver 4.15 via USB and it goes through the loading process and fails with the (Invalid File Content) failure.

Can anyone help me out of this mess please. I don't know how I managed to load the wrong firmware in the first place...  I would have thought I would have received the same (Invalid File Content) message I now get.... but its done and I just need to get back to the correct firmware somehow.