Author Topic: K3/RRC1258 not connecting radio to N1MM+?  (Read 4613 times)

cx7tt

• View Profile
    • Email
K3/RRC1258 not connecting radio to N1MM+?
« on: 2015-05-27, 23:03:08 »
K3 will not connect to N1MM+ through RRC1258 MkII.  Device manager sees: Com0 (Com7); Com1 (Com6); Com2 (Com8); and ComExtra(Com5). Using the example in N1MM+ documentation of 38400, N,8,1 and DTR/RTS Always Off.  K3 menu is set for 38400.  Msg pops up and sez, "Radio #1 (manual) on Com7 is not responding. Restore the connection and click Retry below......).

I have tried using Com6, N,8,2, DTR/RTS Always On and DTR/RTS ON/OFF and Handshake...cannot get radio to connect with N1mm+. Have also changed port settings in Device manager from 9600 to 38400; still no connect.

Am using the supplied USB/mini plug that Elecraft sent with the control unit.

Window 8.1 OS.

Help or suggestions?

Tom

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: K3/RRC1258 not connecting radio to N1MM+?
« Reply #1 on: 2015-05-28, 16:35:35 »
You have enabled the USB com port in the RRC also?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

cx7tt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-05-29, 01:50:48 »
Not sure what you mean about enable the USB port in the RRC as I have been using that port to config the Setup manager as per the instructions that came with the Elecraft K3 Remote Owner's manual. If I can change the parameters in the Setup manager with this same cable, does this not mean that the port is 'enabled'.

Tom

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-05-29, 06:06:26 »
Not sure what you mean about enable the USB port in the RRC as I have been using that port to config the Setup manager as per the instructions that came with the Elecraft K3 Remote Owner's manual. If I can change the parameters in the Setup manager with this same cable, does this not mean that the port is 'enabled'.

Tom
Yes, that means that the USB port as such is working. But you also have to select if for ex COM1 in the RRC is a physical serial port or an USB serial port. From the user manual on page 59(found at http://www.remoterig.com/downloads/RemoteRig_RRC1258-MkII_Users_manual.pdf:

Setting: "Use USB Com Port as COM1"

"COM1 can be connected to the USB interface instead of the RS-232 interface if your PC do not have traditional com ports. When installing Microbit Setup manager a virtual Com port called “Microbit RRC Virtual Comport (COMX)” is installed. That’s the one you should connect to when using HRD or other softwares."

Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.