Author Topic: RRC DynDns Result Host Name Link  (Read 4060 times)

VE3FU

• View Profile
    • Email
RRC DynDns Result Host Name Link
« on: 2015-07-12, 14:40:58 »
I'm setting up a TS-480 at a remote location and having some trouble getting the RemoteRig boxes to talk to each other.

Some background information:

- I've had the same setup working before, with the "Radio" box at my home QTH, and was able to operate while traveling using the "Control" box
- I sent the TS-480 and RemoteRig boxes to the remote location a few months ago and was able connect to the TS-480 from my home QTH

I'm now at the remote location, setting up the antenna and moving the equipment to the permanent location.  Using a web browser I can connect to both the "Radio" and "Control" boxes.

The problem:

- Whenever I try to power on the TS-480 control head I get 3 tones and the AUX/MIC yellow LED flashes.  (I believe this means the SIP connection failed).
- When I check the status of the ddns server (http://ddns.remoterig.com/status/), everything seems to be fine.
- When I click on the "Host Name" link (xxxx.ddns.remoterig.com) on the RRC DynDns Result page, the link takes me to the web page for my router (192.168.2.1) instead of the "Radio" box (192.168.2.228).  Is this correct?

I'm scheduled to go back to my home QTH on Tuesday and would like to get this sorted before I go.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Chris VE3FU

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: RRC DynDns Result Host Name Link
« Reply #1 on: 2015-07-12, 14:56:15 »
Hi Chris,

Drop me a mail at dj0qn (at) darc.de and I will send you my networking checklist that walks
you through the process.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX