Author Topic: Radio RRC Web interface does not respond  (Read 18442 times)

oh2xx

• View Profile
Radio RRC Web interface does not respond
« on: 2015-07-24, 11:05:05 »
Hi,

My remote setup works just fine but the web interface of Radio RRC is quite often unresponsive. I can not even access the web interface on the local LAN there (I have ea remote PC with TeamViewer). The RRC does respond to ping and the radio works etc. but I am not able to access the web page  unless I power reboot the unit at the remote site. Just hate to do it as it reboots everything there: the router, PC, antenna controllers etc.

The RRC SW version  is 2.81

I have also recorded the following error messages if it has something to do with this symptom:

Data Abort at 0x0004a9dc, called by 0x0004a044

Data Abort at 0x0004a760, called by 0x0004a72c

Data Abort at 0x0004aa04, called by 0x0004a044

Data Abort at 0x0004aa04, called by 0x0004a044

Any ideas?

73 de Kari, OH2XX

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Radio RRC Web interface does not respond
« Reply #1 on: 2015-07-24, 12:13:09 »
Karl,

Did you change its web port from 80 to something else? I looks like a port conflict to me.
Then you will need to append :XX with the new port number after the address.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

oh2xx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-07-24, 12:54:44 »
Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the idea but the port number has not been changed. If it was changed even power boot would not help as it does now...

73 de Kari, OH2XX

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-07-24, 13:03:23 »
Karl,

Just try it out to see if it helps. It may solve your problem.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

oh2xx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-07-24, 13:12:11 »
Mitch,

I have not changed the port number so there is no port number (other than 80) to try out ;-)

- Kari

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2015-07-24, 13:20:26 »
Have you tried from a different PC ? We have seen a few windows installations where the IP-stack seems to change some parameters so they get really difficult to connect to a RRC with. In such case often parts of the page is loaded but not the whole page. The problem shown worst in combination with Google Chrome, Firefox use to be a bit better. We have not found a reliable solution other than re install Windows

73 de mike

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2015-07-24, 13:45:57 »
Kari,

Let's try it again.....

Go to the "Advanced Settings" menu on the RRC. Then change "Web server port" to something other than the default 80
which is in there now.

When you access your RRC, give in the browser the RRC's IP number or Dynamic DNS URL followed by :XXX where XXX is the
new port number. If there is a port conflict (since routers usually also default at 80 and cause conflicts), then that will solve
your problem.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

oh2xx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2015-07-24, 14:03:30 »
Hi Mike,

I have tried with Chrome and IE on both remote PC and my home PC with similar results: "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"

If I power boot RRC it helps. If I power boot PC nothing changes. It kind of isolates the problem on the RRC side - right?

I have noticed that sometimes I get only a part of the web page but after clicking the hyperlinks it kind of refreshes the page and starts to work ok.

My two 1216H Web Switches work just fine all the time.

73 de Kari, OH2XX

oh2xx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2015-07-24, 14:19:22 »
Mitch,

I can give it a try even though I do not believe in it ;-)  Need to reboot the RRC so it will start to work for some time anyway. Let's see how long the web interface will stay alive with the new port number. With the default port number the RRC used to work a week or two after a power boot.

73 de Kari, OH2XX

AD4ES

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: 2015-07-25, 00:22:42 »
I am having what seems to be a similar problem.  My RR does not connect (Port 80) and when I try to use RR DNS for a different port that is connected to my IP addressable power switch or another for the camera that doesn't work either.  This has all happened within the last two weeks as my transceiver was in for repair.  No system changes known and going to any computer anywhere home or otherwise has trouble reaching the camera port or power switch using RR DNS as I get a failure to connect. (Doe that mean that I didn't reach the RR DNS or does it mean that I simply can't connect to the device on that port?) Any suggestions on how to test this out? Perhaps my router is blocking this due to an unknown change? Any suggestions on how to test this out?
Chuck  AD4ES

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: 2015-07-25, 00:31:35 »
I am not sure that I understand what exactly you are doing. However, even though Kari doesn't believe in it,
it is very good practice always to change your RRC to another port other than 80. This is to prevent port conflicts
like Kari is likely experiencing, as well as to prevent hackers from easily finding your RRC (you should also add a user
and password). You need to forward the new, unique web port in the router and properly address it in your browser
as described above.

I have a networking checklist available that I send to anyone requesting it when setting their RRC up and this is clearly
explained in my checklist. I consider not changing the port to be a major mistake, due to what I have seen around
what can happen when one uses port 80.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

AD4ES

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: 2015-07-25, 01:53:41 »
Mitch,

Since it would seem that I am not getting the connectivity where the rig is perhaps your check list would help.  Please email network checklist.  Thank you.

Chuck
Chuck  AD4ES

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: 2015-07-25, 14:20:00 »
Chuck,

I don't have your e-mail address here. Please drop me a short mail at dj0qn (at) darc.de
and I will send it to you.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

EA4MY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: 2015-07-30, 01:20:16 »
Mitch
After several checkings this problem is exactly the same in my case. I was using port 8000 and I changed to port 8090 but the problem persist. Looks like a problem with de web server .The only solution seems to be to restart the RRC-Radio on site.
Antonio, EA4MY

oh2xx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2015-08-05, 20:53:45 »

Just for your information. The RRC Web interface has been working now 10 days with the new port number. Seeing is believing but I still need to see more  ;-)

73 de Kari, OH2XX